Grand Hyatt Washington
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
Hotel Harrington(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
The Henley Park Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Pod DC Hotel(Washington DC)
5,182 results
All reviewsgreat locationwhite housemetro center stationclub levelwithin walking distancehealth clubford's theaterhotel lobbybreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelnational mallbeautiful lobbyfitness centerlarge hotelfew blockssmithsonian museumsstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is a beautiful hotel conveniently located to many sites in DC. It's a couple blocks from the White House and is easy access to hop on and off tours. The hotel itself is 5 star all the way. the food is great. The rooms are beautiful and the beds are very comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. We have a prime location within walking distance from some of the major sights and sounds D.C. has to offer. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This hotel was clean and comfortable but lacked luxory and many small things (ie the plumbing from the bathroom sink was clearly visible underneath it, no cabinet or paneling to hide it). Small amenities were missing in the room but available if you called or wanted them delivered to the room. This place does depend on the room you get but I was told ours was updated and "new". I didn't find it "new" but standard and comfortable. I did not find it special in any way. There were the options of a couple dining options (Starbucks, Diner, sit down restaurant in the lobby) though I would walk down the street if I were you to find breakfast, lunch, or dinner as they will all be better.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SoleilNeige
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for my College homecoming. This has been one of the host hotels for many years now and there are several reason for this. The hotel is in a great location with the Metro running right to the hotel. This is especially nice because you can get all over town with ease and coming from and going to the airport (Reagan) saves time and money. The hotel is beautiful and the staff friendly. There is a Starbucks located in the lobby. Unfortunately, it only stays open until 6pm... Several of us were a little miffed by this and a gentleman not staying in the hotel had walked down to this Starbucks because the one near him was also closed. The Barista was down right snotty and rude to us because we asked about why they closed so early! The bar was nice and multi level, for us it got crowded quick and I felt a little sorry for the bartender but he kept moving and did not let it effect his drink making performance! I had some food late Saturday evening in the bar area and it was excellent and the portions were pretty nice.
The room was great, a good size with 2 beds that were very comfy, and a really nice bathroom - I think the bathrooms have been upgraded since I was last there. They took out the tub, which we thought was the best idea - leaves you so much more room in there. Typical desk chair plenty of drawers.
Love the fact you can not hear the air unit - this was a definite plus! The only thing was a noisy jack hammer Saturday morning early - it didn't bother me because I live in a city but my share was a bit annoyed - we needed to be up anyway it was about 8-9am.
When we checked out I noticed we were not getting the Homecoming rate - I should have looked at my email conformation which had the regular but I knew what the homecoming rate was and I booked VERY VERY early to get that rate. The front desk person said she couldn't do anything at that time but to contact Hyatt customer service when I got home. I did just that and I must say that they took care of the rate discrepancy in a timely manner and we were able to resolve the issue in a matter of a few days. It is nice to see that some brands still have customer service as a priority and this is a big reason I will continue to patronage the Hyatt brand were not only luxury is a standard but so is their service.
Hope to stay here next year and many years to come.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Trea1s
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I’m delighted to hear that you had such an exceptional stay for your homecoming. It is fantastic that you found your room to be comfortable and enjoyed the renovations. I’m glad to hear that the front desk was able to point you in the right direction to get your rate corrected and that Customer Service was able to assist you with this in a timely manner. We will look forward to welcoming you back again for your next homecoming.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 6 November 2013

last JuneMe & and my friend stay a night here. Its a very nice place to stay. They have comfortable bed and very clean room. The front desk agent is very friendly they allow us to check-in early. The breakfast buffet is awesome! The people who works in the hotel is very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Grand Hyatt is conveniently located in the downtown / chinatown section of DC which has ample public transportation nearby. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. The breakfast although a little pricey was very delicious. I would definitely stay here again if I got a good deal.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family