Grand Hyatt Washington
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$320
  • Restaurant
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$371
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$395
US$330
  • Breakfast included
US$355
  • Bar/Lounge
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
US$437
US$412
  • Room Service
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$440
  • Pool
US$460
US$360
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$492
US$470
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$630
US$414
Hotels.com
  • Pool
5,226 results
All reviewsgreat locationwhite housemetro center stationclub levelwithin walking distancehealth clubford's theaterhotel lobbybreakfast buffetbeautiful hotelnational mallbeautiful lobbyfitness centerlarge hotelfew blockssmithsonian museumsstreet noise
Reviewed 30 November 2013

More than perfectly located in the center of Washington, close to all museums and other attractions. Check-in was fast and friendly. Reception area however too noisy, too much people hanging around the reception area. Room was ok, however quite small for a Club room we had booked. The Club Lounge was ok, not more than that. Good snacks, however as well here too noisy. Only very bad thing were the carpets, in the corridors and in the room. They are dirty and should be changed soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. I am so sorry about the the lobby being noisy, the room being a little small and the carpets being dirty. I am glad to see that besides these concerns, you were able to enjoy the location of your hotel. I will be sure to share your concerns with management. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 29 November 2013

I don’t want to sound completely bitter, so let me start with some of the positives…. I went to a conference here in April (but didn’t stay in the hotel at that time). I was very impressed and pleased with the way the conference was managed, so when I had a conference last week at a nearby hotel, I decided to stay here for 3 nights. The hotel is beautiful and conveniently located. My room was very comfortable and spacious. HOWEVER…

1. The noise was so bad. I expect a certain level of this when staying in a hotel, but it was especially bad here. The people in the room next to me had their TV on and I could hear every word very clearly. It wasn’t a muffled TV noise; it was like I was in their room watching Seinfeld with them. Also, you will hear every single door close. I usually don’t have a problem sleeping in hotels. I’m not a light sleeper and I even played a “white noise” soundtrack on repeat during my three nights here... The noise from the outside permeated my white noise and woke me up several times each night.

2. You have to pay anywhere from 11-21 dollars a day for in-room WiFi. I thought this was pretty ridiculous. I’ve never been to a nice hotel in the United States that doesn’t offer free WiFi in the rooms. I’ve stayed at two similar hotels in DC within the past year that did not charge extra for WiFi. Is this actually something hotels do or is this rare? Even the Quality Inn in my small town offers free WiFi…

3. This is of course mostly my fault, but I left some items behind (clothes and a bathing suit) and I still haven’t heard back from them about locating my items, and I’m almost positive I never will. I checked out at 12PM last Wednesday and realized I forgot to pack the stuff I put in the dresser. I went back to the hotel around 4PM to retrieve my items. A gentleman at the front desk said there were no reports of left behind items and thought my room may not have been cleaned yet so he gave me a key to the room so I could go up and look for my stuff. It had been cleaned and my items were not there so they had me call the housekeeping manager who said he didn’t have any reports of items found but he would call me if something came up. I gave him my number and told him I would only be in DC for a few more hours. He said it was no problem to send things if they located them after I left DC. I never heard back so I called a few days later and left a message. Still haven’t heard anything. Like I said, I don’t expect to. This is probably the worst thing that happened during my stay. I know it’s my responsibility to make sure I have all my stuff, but really… I hadn’t left DC yet. I was at the hotel looking for my clothes. You would think they’d make more of an effort to help me out. Customer service is the most important thing and I think they failed me on that part.

Like I said, it’s a beautiful hotel, but I was very disappointed with my stay. I am attending a conference there at the beginning of next year, and I DEFINITELY will NOT be staying in the hotel. I will stay at a nearby hotel and walk over. I would even stay at a hotel across town and take the metro over every morning before I would stay in this hotel again. Extremely disappointing!

3  Thank Tabby N
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Hello Tabby N,

Thank you for going out of your way to share you experience from the Grand Hyatt Washington D.C. We are very sorry to hear this was not the best stay you have had with Hyatt and hope that hotel management or one of our Guest Relations Associate can assist you further with this matter. We are more than happy to speak with you, please contact our Guest Relations department or you can email us at social.media@hyatt.com. We would like to speak with you in regards to your bad experience in Washington D.C.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Firstly let me start by saying the location is superb if you are travelling to meetings in the local area. Over 2 days I was able to walk to all my meetings - no cabs needed! It's close to all the major tourist sites too.

Sadly, it is the noisiest hotel I've ever stayed in. There's a large central atrium and if you have a room facing onto it, you will be kept awake by the noise - it really is that bad!

None of the doors have anti-slam hinges, so expect to woken whenever anyone opens and closes a door near you. Normally this isn't a problem in most hotels, but for some reason the noise really travels in this one.

Had the missfortune of staying whilst there was a big schools conference and there were literally hundreds of kids everywhere, which isn't a problem until they decided to run riot down the hallways every night. Whilst this isn't the hotels fault, they should have done more to limit the impact on other guests (I had to call the duty manager twice to try and get some order to the situation). I also think the hotel should have informed us that the event was taking place at the time of booking as 3 nights of broken sleep is bad news when you are travelling on business.

Restaurants are great, service in the sports bar went from excellent to terrible.

Great hotel, but the noise situation will put me off staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't have a room facing onto the atrium, the noise will keep you awake at night and then wake you up very early!
1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the Labor Day weekend. Check in and check out was easy and fast. The room was neat and clean. The breakfast buffet was good. I liked that it was close to everything. Will stay again on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. I am happy to hear that you had an awesome stay and look forward to your next visit!

Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I was in DC just for one night and needed a nice hotel that was centrally located. I found the Grand Hyatt through Expedia and booked a king room right away. This is the off season so hotel rooms are a little lower so this room after taxes was only $113. That's a STEAL for Washington DC. You'd be lucky to get a Super 8 for that price at any other time.

The room was great, well appointed, clean, big TV, contemporary style and design, big bathroom. The wifi is pricey, about $13 for unlimited use, but I just used my hotspot and I was all good. The hotel has rooms with a view of their inside courtyard and outside views of the street views. I had the latter and loved it. I actually like the sounds of the city so I was feeling right at home. As others have said, you can't beat the location with it being next to Metro Center. Technically it's not above the subway station but it has a connector to the subway that makes it feel like it's right above it. Either way, such close proximity to the train is fantastic.

The only downside to my stay was when I was in bed for the night (I'd been up since 4:30am), around 10:30pm the people in the room next to me invited some friends over and were talking and laughing to loud I could hear them clearly in my room. They were so loud that originally I thought they were outside my bedroom door since I've never heard of being able to hear my neighbors so clearly in a hotel room before. As I got up to investigate, I realized the sound was coming through from the adjoining door that connected my room to the guest next to me. I don't give much thought to adjoining rooms but in this case I wish I weren't in one. However, I called guest services and they connected me to security to report what was going on and not 10 mins later everything got quiet again.

So basically, if I were going back to DC again knowing what I know, I would still stay at the Grand Hyatt. Unfortunately I didn't eat at the hotel because I was just there for one night and already had plans but it was a really nice place and they seemed to be going the extra mile to make certain I was satisfied and I was.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that faces the street versus the indoor courtyard. Who wants to looks inside when they can look OUTSIDE. Also, no rooms with adjoining doors. The soundproofing is not that great.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for going out of your way to share about your recent visit to Grand Hyatt Washington. I’m glad to hear that you were able to find such an excellent rate. It is wonderful to hear that you found your room to be well appointed, contemporary and comfortable. Our proximity to the Metro station certainly is a great advantage for our guests and I’m pleased that you found this to be convenient, as well. I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel again on your next trip to DC.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate