Great customer service! The front desk, bell, door men, servers, club lounge staff are very polite and professional. The one and only female bartender at the Cure bar was super awesome and bartenders at the sports bar were excellent. All dishes were great. I don't hesitate to recommend this hotel.
The only issue was the cleanness of my room. I saw a blonde hair in the bathtub and short black hair in the back of the toilet seat when I checked in. Even I left $5-$10 for the housekeepers, they could not clean the room nicely and even didn't get a shampoo. I left a memo to the housekeeper to get extra amenities; however, my request was neglected. One afternoon, at 3:12pm, I requested my room to be cleaned. However, the room was not cleaned. I postponed my check out more than once. So I understood the housekeeper expected me to check out the room on those days. However, I placed the "do-not-disturb" sign on those days, am a Diamond member, and would be allowed to stay in the room 4pm. The same housekeeping lady still knocked the door. After I informed to the front desk, then, the department brought its fitness center guy to bang (not knock) the door. He was very loud and argumentative. He flashed the scheduled sheet and refused to leave me alone even after I told him to talk to the front desk. I was sick at that time. A better protocol is to have someone call a guest, whenever he/she places the sign. I was lucky to be in the room. Otherwise, this fitness center guy and the housekeeper might have discarded my personal belongings. I have never known any other hotels where the housekeeping department allows a fitness center person to help the housekeeping duties. His attitude didn't seem to meet the hotel's customer service guidelines. Again, I don't hesitate anyone to recommended this hotel, but be aware of the cleanness of the room. There were many tourists during my stay and my privacy sign disappeared three times. Twice took place within 6 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown City Center- with convenient in-lobby Metro Center access - this Washington DC hotel is an ideal spot to explore the Nation's Capitol. Enjoy stylish guestrooms with plush Grand Beds™, indulgent amenities and multiple dining venues. Utilize our full-service business center and 32 outstanding meeting rooms - just steps from Washington Convention Center. Escape to extraordinary elegance at Grand Hyatt Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grand Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Grand Hyatt Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt