“Great Hotel!”

Grand Hyatt Washington
Ranked #68 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 February 2014

The grand Hyatt was fantastic! Easy check-in with really nice staff. Amazing lobby! Our room was exactly what we requested, comfortable bed, clean. I liked the area of the hotel because it was so close to so many restaurants. So far as being close to the mall, it's a bit of a hike. We went in February, two days after the big blizzard. We lucked out by enjoying 55 degree weather so the 20 15-20 minute walk wasn't bad. Think we would probably get a cab next time if the the weather was not favorable. Loved GrandSlam on the ground floor, although beer was extremely pricey. If you're looking for a great local pub, laughing man tavern a few blocks away had good food and reasonable prices. Overall, can't wait to go back!! :)

Room Tip: Pick a high floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hello rajDelaware,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are so happy to hear about your overall stay being a great experience. We will be sure to thank and recognize our hotel management and team members for the amazing service they provide. Thank you again for all your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back to the Grand Hyatt Washington on your next stay in D.C.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (5,075)

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is one of the best Hotels, I have stayed so far. It is simply so grand, beautiful, awesome, elegant and classy. The extraordinary interior at the entrance itself speaks for the hotel. Every corner of the Hotel is very well designed. I loved the restaurant at the basement, which is surrounded by water and there is a pianist who played very beautiful music.Our room was large, spacious, very clean and well equipped with basic amenities. Another best part of this Hotel is its location. It is located quite in the heart of DC. Major attractions like Madam Tussaud's Wax Museum, Spy Museum are easily accessible by walking. The staff is also quite friendly and helpful. Overall this Hotel is completely value for money..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rajvi M

Hello Rajvi M!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Grand Hyatt Washington. Thank you for all your kind comments about our location and its amazing decor. We often hear enthusiastic feedback on our amazing location how convenient it is in D.C. We hope to welcome you back on the next trip to the D.C. area.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

If you are in DC to do business on Capitol Hill then this is the place to stay. Everything is within walking distance.
It's very comfortable with the rooms set up to accomplish your business.
The reason I didn't give it 5 stars is they still charge for internet access which very few high end hotels do anymore and their restaurant is just ok and very pricey.
Rooms are very clean and in excellent repair. Staff is very friendly and very helpful.
I will stay here again when in town.

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Brusta60
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Stayed a night at the Grand Hyatt for business. The place is large with rooms that face into the atrium or out onto the City. The room was reasonably sized, clean. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom was spotless. All great things. That said, felt a little soulless. Had a friend who was staying a couple of metro stops away at a Hilton Garden Inn - the rooms there had more character.

The exercise facility and pool are nice. The exercise room was packed at 5:45 AM. Jumped on an elliptical - all set for no more than 30 minutes. Service at the front desk and the exercise facility was great.

One of the major advantages is that if you have business on the Hill - it's all very close. There is a metro stop off the red line that stops underneath the hotel. Very convenient when going to DCA.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Dough_47N
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We spent one night here in two adjoining rooms. At first we were quite put off by the fact that the rooms looked into the enclosed inner-courtyard/atrium, but once we got used to the idea of not being able to see outside, it was all very pleasant. The rooms are very clean, and though the low ceilings and low lighting give them a 70s vibe they are elegantly-furnished and comfortable. The bathrooms were great. Service was fantastic. Had an issue with the bathroom (seems to happen to us quite often -- so we have point of reference as to how responsive hotel plumbers are!) which was resolved immediately with much apology. Front desk folks were also outstanding. We left very early in the morning and everyone from front desk to bell hops bent over backwards to assure we had a smooth departure. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Internal rooms aren't as bad as one would think. Didn't see an outward-facing room, but we...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Great customer service! The front desk, bell, door men, servers, club lounge staff are very polite and professional. The one and only female bartender at the Cure bar was super awesome and bartenders at the sports bar were excellent. All dishes were great. I don't hesitate to recommend this hotel.
The only issue was the cleanness of my room. I saw a blonde hair in the bathtub and short black hair in the back of the toilet seat when I checked in. Even I left $5-$10 for the housekeepers, they could not clean the room nicely and even didn't get a shampoo. I left a memo to the housekeeper to get extra amenities; however, my request was neglected. One afternoon, at 3:12pm, I requested my room to be cleaned. However, the room was not cleaned. I postponed my check out more than once. So I understood the housekeeper expected me to check out the room on those days. However, I placed the "do-not-disturb" sign on those days, am a Diamond member, and would be allowed to stay in the room 4pm. The same housekeeping lady still knocked the door. After I informed to the front desk, then, the department brought its fitness center guy to bang (not knock) the door. He was very loud and argumentative. He flashed the scheduled sheet and refused to leave me alone even after I told him to talk to the front desk. I was sick at that time. A better protocol is to have someone call a guest, whenever he/she places the sign. I was lucky to be in the room. Otherwise, this fitness center guy and the housekeeper might have discarded my personal belongings. I have never known any other hotels where the housekeeping department allows a fitness center person to help the housekeeping duties. His attitude didn't seem to meet the hotel's customer service guidelines. Again, I don't hesitate anyone to recommended this hotel, but be aware of the cleanness of the room. There were many tourists during my stay and my privacy sign disappeared three times. Twice took place within 6 hours.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Whisper808
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington. I'm so sorry to hear about the experience you had with the housekeeping. You can be assured that I will certainly forward this to our management team so that this can be addressed. I am happy to hear about the great service you received from our other associates. All you feedback will be forwarded to our management team.

We thank you for your loyalty as a Diamond member and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt on Business and the hotel is nice, not sure I would say it is grand, but it is nice. Great staff at the front desk and in the bar area, the only two areas I visited in the hotel. My two big issues with the hotel is the noise. If you plan on getting any sleep at all get an interior that faces the atrium. If you face the street you might as well sleep on the street, you can hear everything. My other comment is the pillows, they are very very small. So between pillows and noise, I got very little sleep.

Room Tip: As for rooms facing the inside of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business