I stayed at this hotel for three nights to attend a conference and was very happy with my stay. The staff I encountered were consistently pleasant and helpful and addressed my questions and needs, in some instances going above and beyond what one would typically expect.
My room was very nice...large, well-appointed, functional and comfortable. The bed and bed linens were of a good quality and comfortable...the pillows were just average, but that is a comment I have about virtually every hotel. The bathroom was good-sized with a spacious tub/shower combination (which I enjoy), ample storage space and decent lighting (although the shower light was burned out and never replaced during my stay). Two small suggestions regarding the room amenities... First, the soap dish near the bathroom sink was a mess...completely dinged up, paint/stain missing from large sections, glue/adhesive long gone so that the soap dish came apart in pieces if picked up. I realize this sounds like a strange complaint but it was in such bad shape that I wouldn't even expect to find it in a roadside Motel 8. Secondly, the coffeemaker and supplies were of quite low-quality, especially for a hotel that is otherwise very nice. I have stayed in far lesser hotels that offer a decent coffeemaker with better quality supplies, including small creamers that don't need refrigeration (as opposed to that awful powdered "creamer" stuff).
The conference rooms and related amenities, snack and beverage service, etc. were very good and the food quality and service for the conference luncheons were excellent (not always an easy thing to pull off).
I had dinner from room service one evening and it was good, although rather expensive (not so much for the food as for the service charges) even for room service.
The hotel is conveniently located. I walked to and from Georgetown one day...about 2.5 miles each way which isn't a big deal for me. I also easily walked to the World War II Memorial one evening and to the Smithsonian museums. Even walking in the evenings as a woman alone, I never felt particularly anxious or uncomfortable (although, naturally, you always have to take the obvious precautions). There are a lot of really great, unique, independent restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel so there are lots of wonderful dining options nearby.
I would happily return to this hotel in the future, for business or pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown City Center- with convenient in-lobby Metro Center access - this Washington DC hotel is an ideal spot to explore the Nation's Capitol. Enjoy stylish guestrooms with plush Grand Beds™, indulgent amenities and multiple dining venues. Utilize our full-service business center and 32 outstanding meeting rooms - just steps from Washington Convention Center. Escape to extraordinary elegance at Grand Hyatt Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Grand Hyatt Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt