We spent 8 nights 12-19 May at this hotel. Upon checking in we were offered the Business Plan. Although we were tired after many hours, what with checking in at LHR we decided to take it.
However, there is not that much difference savings wise, especially as we had to be out extra early one morning so did not have the breakfast.
Actually though we were satisfied with the hotel, although it was somewhat baffling to be asked at 7 a.m, how had our day been so far by the breakfast greeter. What did she think we had been doing up to that point.
We loved the busy lobby always a good sign in the US.
Food wise food is always a problem for us being from Europe.Helpings are always gross for us and thus totally off putting. However the Cure bistro 's small plates were just what we wanted. Absolutely first rate and worth paying for.Apart from that we went to the Au Pain at the bottom of 10th Street and got their takeaway salads- excellent. We tried the Sports Bar one night, the food was truly dreadful, shutting your eyes it could have been cardboard. When we were at the Union Station we stocked up on wines- we are so used to being able to buy alcohol at just about anywhere in our little local shopping lane in West London, these places are not exactly thick on the ground in your capital. Even Utah was easier!
Obviously if you are on an expense account none of the above applies and many of the hotel 's clientele were exactly this. I am writing thus for non expense travellers.
Location wise this hotel cannot be beaten. The Metro, Metro Center, is accessed direct from the lobby and is on several lines. We got a Seniors Card; US$10. Only a few offices issue this, one of them being at the Metro Center,
The concierge will book the On Board trips for you and we would recommend this company. We had already pre booked the Gettysburg day trip with Metz Gray Line at home before leaving. Few companies do this tour and even then only twice a week so this gets booked up quickly. Don't wait until you get to Washington.
We went up the Washington Monument-arrived at their office 10 am next free tickets 11.30. People on our tours were amazed we had done this so easily- they had tried to book online only to be told no tickets available. However, about half are always kept back for those turning up in person.
Room wise I had asked for a quiet room upon arrival. We are poor sleepers like many older people. We were given 1286 and had completely peaceful quiet nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located in downtown City Center- with convenient in-lobby Metro Center access - this Washington DC hotel is an ideal spot to explore the Nation's Capitol. Enjoy stylish guestrooms with plush Grand Beds™, indulgent amenities and multiple dining venues. Utilize our full-service business center and 32 outstanding meeting rooms - just steps from Washington Convention Center. Escape to extraordinary elegance at Grand Hyatt Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hyatt Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Washington Hotel Washington Dc
- Grand Hyatt Washington Dc
- Hyatt Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt