“Great location”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Norcross, United States
“Great location”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A great downtown DC location to a lot of really good restaurants in all price categories. Easy walking to attractions and shopping if needed. Great hotel customer service. Would use again if in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am glad to hear to that you enjoyed our awesome customer service as well as our great location! I hope you get to return to stay with us again soon.

Belinda M - Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Maarssen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Grand Hyatt in DC is on a good downtown location. Because of that it was a bit noisy during the night: street noises. The room was good. We got a 2 double with free wifi instead of the booked king room. I preferred the king, but free wifi is also nice. The hotel is on walking distance from the National Mall. Tip: use the public parking just opposite of the hotel: only $ 22 per night. The breakfast was very good but expensive. The breakfast in the cafe was a good alternative.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor. If you prefer fresh air don't take the atrium rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sonnie2403
Crisfield, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Grand Hyatt! Located in downtown Washington DC offer me and my family the combination of a reasonably priced room, convenient location to the monuments and museums and excellent customer service throughout our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for having stayed with us! I am very glad to learn that you had a fantastic time at the hotel. I hope that we can welcome you back for yet another stay with great rooms, great service and an amazing location.

Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I recently took a little "staycation" in DC, which is about 15 miles away from us, and stayed at the Grand Hyatt. The hotel is in a perfect location - within walking distance to the National Mall and Chinatown, and close to a metro stop. The room was very comfortable and nicely decorated, with a great view of the hotel's atrium lobby. Hallways were quiet at night, which is always nice. The only, very mild, complaint that I have is that the toilet made some pretty serious noises upon flushing......but at least it made us laugh :) The hotel bar and lounge has some delicious mixed drinks that are very well-priced for the location. Wonderful hotel - definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an atrium view.
1 Thank CindiSmith
Thank you for choosing to say with us during your staycation. Those are sometimes the best vacations one can have! i am glad that you really enjoyed the location of the hotel and the rooms. I am sorry about the noises with the toilet and please do let us know next time if it happens again! I hope you come back soon for another little getaway.

San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I arrived at the hotel late in the evening only to find that my room reservation had been given away. The front desk staff was rude and not helpful. I eventually insisted on seeing a manager who said she would let me stay in a "conference suite," which had a pull-out bed. The bed was very uncomfortable and the room was loud (street noise). I was switched to a normal room the next day, and left my luggage at the front desk on my way into the office. I asked the front desk to have my luggage brought up to my new room. I arrived later that night to find that my luggage was not there. I called down to the front desk to inquire and they did not know what had happened. After 15 minutes waiting for a call-back, I went downstairs to inquire in-person. They eventually realized that they had placed my luggage in an empty room across the hall from my new room. Generally an unpleasant, uncoordinated effort on the part of the staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Freehold, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

The location and price of this hotel was exactly what I was looking for a weekend trip to DC with my boyfriend. It was a short walk to the Washington Monument and WWII memorial. Rooms were very clean. Lobby was very open and airy. Breakfast buffet was delicious.

Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Great place to stay if you want to be close to the White House, the National Mall, and historic China town. The subway is 1 block away! Hotel was clean & beds were comfortable. staff was very responsive to a small issue I had with the AC. Would stay here on my next visit to DC.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms face the atrium
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! I am glad to hear that you really enjoyed our convenient location, the comfort of the rooms as well as the great customer service provided by the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back for yet another stay.