“Great Location, decent room”

Grand Hyatt Washington
Ranked #71 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
St. Louis, MO
“Great Location, decent room”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed for four days as family vacation, since we book the club room, I asked them if they will be comp us few breakfast down stairs since the club could be boring, they told me no. instead they told me you have business plan and your breakfast buffet will be comp by the hotel. We did first three days till the third day the waiter told me that the comp only good for one person. That was kind not too nice. Beside we enjoy the stay, the room is ok, the staff are nice except the lady who did check in that day did not explain to us clearly.

Room Tip: higher floor, if you can go to the club level will be a plus.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 29 October 2014
Good Afternoon tiger1127,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback when you and your family stayed at Grand Hyatt Washington. I am pleased to hear you really enjoyed your room accommodations and the location of this hotel. I am very sorry to hear about the mis communication you received from the front desk when inquiring on room package with breakfast. This could have definitely been explained clearer and I understand your frustration. We really look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We were welcome and cared for at the Gran Hyatt I would recommend anyone traveling to the DC area to strongly consider this beautiful and convenient hotel. T he food in the restaurants is outstanding. Amazing restaurants are within walking distance to the hotel. and shopping which is very important is all around.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington. I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful amenities. I'm so happy to hear about the service you received from our wonderful associates. Our wonderful associates are truly instrumental in our hotel's success. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stay here when we are in town for either dinner or a ballgame. A large hotel yet they really try to make it a personal experience We stay on the Grand floor and really enjoy the Grand Club and the $4 cocktails. The hotel is very convenient and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington. I'm so delighted to hear that we are your home away from home. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful location. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us soon.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate.
Salt Lake City, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This hotel was very accommodating to us during our stay. The staff was extremely nice and courteous! We will stay here again and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting for sight seeing or a business opportunity. The Metro in the lobby was a plus!! Wonderful made to order omelets at the buffet. The only reason for the inefficiency in sleep was bed size...not their issue I got what I asked for. Wish I would have had the availability for 2 kings at an affordable price.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for your recommendation it is our biggest compliment. I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be extremely friendly and courteous. Having metro access from our lobby is a big plus for our guests. I am pleased you found the made to order omelets to be delicious. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Washington in the future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Oswego, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We found the staff and service at this hotel to be exceptional. We felt that the staff was sincerely interested in our comfort and meeting our needs. The location was ideal. We were able to walk to all of the major monuments and museums as well as wonderful restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Marie C
Thank you for taking a moment of your time to provide us with your feedback. It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests have an amazing experience at our property. I am thrilled you found the staff and service to be exceptional. We have a great location within walking distance to the main sights and sounds D.C. has to offer. Your recommendation is truly appreciated. I hope we can welcome you back to Grand Hyatt Washington the next time your travel brings you back to D.C.

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We loved our stay at the Grand Hyatt DC. We had two rooms for parents, children, & grandparents. The pool was a great draw for the children. Having a Metro entrance into the lobby was a great plus. We walked to the Mall and White House. There were great coffee shops nearby and a Starbucks in the hotel. The rate was reasonable and we were able to book two rooms with only two months' notice. All the hotel personnel were courteous and helpful. Check-in couldn't have been easier, and we were lucky to be able to check in early. We also departed well before noon so as to pay that privilege forward. We had a very positive experience with the Hyatt Grand DC.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington. I'm so delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay and our hotel's wonderful locations. I'm also happy to hear about the service you received from our associates. We are truly lucky to have great people working with us and they are instrumental in our success. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014

From the valet service to the hotel check-in, this hotel was superb. Kind and respectful. The lobby was beautiful and offered an array of options for the family (I.e. Food, pool, etc). Great location to museums.

1 Thank r99e00i02
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Good Afternoon r99e00i02.

Thank you for going out of your way to share your great experience from your most recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington! We are so excited this stay was overall a fabulous one from start to finish. We can't wait to welcome you back in the future and safe travels.

Warm regards,