“Great Location, Excellent Accommodations”

Grand Hyatt Washington
Ranked #72 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Manakin Sabot, Va
“Great Location, Excellent Accommodations”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This was our first stop on a week-long vacation traveling around DC, Eastern Shore, and Baltimore. We were staying in Penn Quarter for the first time and this location turned out to be excellent. While the check-in and check-out process seemed a little slow, overall our stay here was quite pleasurable.

Our room was good sized and quite clean. The bedding was ok -- the bed was a bit "saggy" (hotels really should change out their mattresses more often.. I know it's an expense, but these things get a lot of use and a lot of that use is by fairly large individuals.)

While the Hyatt is an absolutely beautiful, modern hotel, I think they could find it in their service portfolio to offer complimentary basic internet - not enough that a family of four could all be downloading Netflix movies simultaneously but enough that you could check email. Also the parking was a bit pricey, but you expect that in Washington DC.

The direct access to a metro station from the hotel was especially convenient!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 29 October 2014
Good Afternoon llockhart,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Washington. I am so happy to hear your overall stay was great and your room accommodation fit your vacation perfectly. I am sorry to hear about your slow check in process and I will forward these remarks to our management to look into and resolve this issue. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (758)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Grand Hyatt is a great place to stay when visiting Washington DC. Within walking distance to most attractions and subway only a few blocks away if required. Staff were attentive and willing to assist when required and rooms were above average given age of hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Good Evening Dallas J,

We are so thrilled to hear you really enjoyed your stay at Grand Hyatt Washington. We often hear enthusiastic remarks on our great location and how conveniently located it is to many attractions and dining! Happy to hear this location really worked our for your trip! Look forward to seeing your walk through our doors again.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Benton, Illinois
Reviewed 1 September 2014

My wife and I went to D.C. for our one year anniversary and the first three nights were spent at the Grand Hyatt. This hotel has everything you need if you are wanting to see the sites and landmarks of our nations capitol.

We are a very brand loyal couple and always try to find a Hyatt when we travel; we made a great choice with the Grand. When we arrived, we were upgraded to the Grand Club on the top floor, which features soft drinks and bottled water all day, as well as snacks throughout the day and a happy hour during the evening; which came in handy as we would stock up on water before going out in the district on the warm days.

The lobby is one of the most beautiful I have seen, it's really one you have to see; plus there is a metro connection. The room was very spacious and VERY clean, the bathroom was the same way. We never had a noise problem, super quiet!

We really enjoyed Cure Bar & Bistro for dinner, had an amazing steak. The Grand Slam Sports Bar was not as great as expected, with slow service and so-so food; but they were open pretty late so that was a plus.

If you're looking for a hotel downtown with a ton of stuff around it, stay at the Grand, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Although we were upgraded to the Grand Club; if given the option, pay the charge for the upgrade, it...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington. I'm so thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel's convenient location. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your room accommodations and the variety of amenities we have to offer. I'm happy that the Grand Club worked so well for you. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Pasadena
Reviewed 31 August 2014

The Grand Hyatt as a large lobby attrium, a Starbucks in the lobby and a sportsbar. The hotel is also connected (without having to go outside) to the DC metro station. The gym, which is in the adjacent building (also accessible without going outside) has an indoor pool which is nice for kids and a good selection of cardio and weight equipment. However, the gym has an odd, disjointed layout and hot lights and low ceilings directly above the cardio equipment.

The hotel has a great central DC location and the rooms are fine. The internet speed was also acceptable.

I had a bad experience checking in at 1am, when the desk clerk appeared to be bothered by my presence, but that didn't impact my comments above.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the atrium and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. I am disappointed to hear about your check in experience. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Right in the middle of downtown, Very pleasant staff.The Hotel looks beautiful both outside and inside. There is a nice brewery close by to relax and good bell staff. For a change, I am falling short on my complains. The Reception Host gave treats to my kids and they loved it. Chinatown is very close by and you can just take a nice stroll in the night.
I got this room at the last minute on one of the hot travel website and I don't regret it at all. On the other hand, I expected a wow factor and did not really find it. Also, given that its in the middle of downtown, Fire engine sirens were going off every half hour in downtown DC and loud...as it was in the middle of everything.

Room Tip: Ask them to not give you rooms ending in 60s they are so far away from the elevators
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel's convenient location. I'm especially happy to hear about the service you received from our associates. We are lucky to have such wonderful & caring people working with us. They are truly instrumental in our hotel's success. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Very good location to get to any part of a wonderful city - the standard of the hotel was exceptional, the Hyatt lounge offered great breakfasts snacks and even a dinner substitution if you had a big lunch

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location to all DC has to offer. I'm especially delighted to hear about the service you received from our associates. They are truly instrumental in our hotel's success. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Great hotel,fantastic staff. Big rooms excellent bathrooms. Recommend upgrade to club rooms. The club is great value, serves complementary eats and discounted drinks(wine/beer etc). Hotel is in a safe central location near to sightseeing transport.

Room Tip: Club rooms are great value
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Grand Hyatt Washington, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. They are truly instrumental in our hotel's success. I'm so happy you were able to take advantage of the Grand Club lounge. It truly is a great value and is very popular with our guest's. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate.