I will preface this by saying that if you go with the idea you are staying in an old hotel and not a 5 star property, you will probably by pleased.
We booked a two bedroom room for a 3 day trip to D.C. One room had two twin beds and its own bathroom and TV while the other bedroom had a queen bed and a twin bed and its own bathroom and TV. Lots of room and sleeping space. It was wonderful for our children to have their own space, and having two bathrooms with a family of four was great! Although the decor of the rooms was dated, the rooms were very clean and housekeeping kept them that way our entire visit. One thing to note is to bring your own toiletries because all they provide is soap. So bringing shampoo, conditioner, lotion, body wash etc. would probably be a good idea.
The location of this hotel can't be beat for the price!!! We never had to utilize public transportation or our rental car, and we were able to walk everywhere! D.C. is a very pedestrian-friendly city, so get your map and go! :-)
There are tons of dining options nearby, and a CVS not too far away for incidentals. Try Lincoln's Waffle House just down the street and around the corner for a great breakfast! It's right across the street from Ford's Theater. It might not look like much from the outside and it always looks busy and crammed, but the food is great and affordable and it's filled with tourists and locals alike. Very fun. :-)
If you have a car, garage parking is cheap compared to other hotels in the city which charge around $35/night. Though you do have to walk a few blocks from the garage back to the hotel, it is not a big deal at all. About a 10 minute walk, the area is nice, nothing to be concerned about.
We will definitely stay at the Harrington Hotel on future trips to Washington, D.C. You absolutely cannot beat the location and the price is phenomenal! Everyone at the hotel was friendly and helpful and we were very happy with the clean rooms. A great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Harrington is located in the heart of Washington, D.C.'s world smithsonian is just 3 blocks from the hotel, the Verizon center is just 6 blocks, so park your car if you have one and just walk to all the sights. In addition, Metro Center, is just two blocks away which is the Red Line. We offer 242 guest rooms, including 26 deluxe family rooms, full service restaurant, fast food restaurant, friendly pub, local tours, and a nice gift shop. Amenities Free Wifi, computer in lobby to print boarding passes, Free postcards at the front desk Private bathroom in every room Refrigerators are in most rooms. Just ask if you need one brought to your room Microwave for guests located in the Internet Cafe Ice Machines - Lobby level and floors 2 through 6 Soft Drinks - Lobby level and floors 1 through 6 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Harrington Washington Dc