“Wasn't great... :/”
Review of Hotel Harrington

Hotel Harrington
Ranked #123 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I don't have much to say on the value/price because someone else booked and payed for it, but I can comment on the quality. I wasn't expecting much, but I was expecting more than I got. The rooms were kinda dirty, and the bathrooms also kinda moldy. If you're looking for something nice, I wouldn't suggest this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Juliana B

Reviewed 31 December 2013

When we arrived through the doors the smell of mold was over powering. The store was completely over priced, hence the stick of cough drops was 10 dollars. The breakfast buffet was disappointing, and the bagel I had was molding. The bacon was stale, and the cereal was flavorless. The rooms were run down and although you couldn't see the dust, when we sat on the bed all the dust puffed into the air. The bathroom was molding, the toilets were yellow and cracking, and the whole placed needed a deep clean. I couldn't get to sleep due to the workers that paving the road outside my window at 12:00 am. Even though the location was centrally located, it was disappointing overall. Even though the price was as low as it gets, it was still to much!! There wasn't even a swimming pool or fitness center. Many of my classmates who also came as a trip for school were also disappointed.

I recommend staying somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay in the nicest room or you will die of an asthma reaction. Even if you don't have asthma.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
5  Thank YoyoGibbons
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Great location for easy walking to monuments/museums etc. Very easy to get a cab ride and Union Station is only about 5 minutes away. The staff are very helpful in supplying maps. The room was clean and everything worked perfectly fine. I also had a pretty nice view from the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank 905ashleyr
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I've stayed here several times. I like the older property, one block off Pennsylvania Ave. It reminds me of some of the older European hotels with smaller rooms, old bath fixtures, steam heat, modest, but comfortable rooms with flat screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave. Very good prices for DC. Friendly staff. Convenient. WiFi needs an update. It worked, but was a bit slow during peak morning and evening usage. I'll stay here again. Harry's Bar and Grill, connected, is a very good classic, modestly-priced restaurant.

Room Tip: Think older European hotels and pubs and you won't be disappointed. Embassy Suites it isn't...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank WorldTraveler6548
coniOtto, Manager at Hotel Harrington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Just wanted to thank you for the great review of our hotel and I'm so happy that you enjoy staying at our hotel whenever your in town. I'm very sorry to hear that the internet wasn't working so good on your last stay but please let us know what room you were in so we can check that floors access points and make sure it's working properly. I often go to the floors and help guests get connected and make sure their internet has a strong signal. Thanks again for the review and please ask for me your next trip, would love to meet you.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

The hotel rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are all local to the area and are very helpful about the area. The location of the hotel is great for either hitting the tourist destinations or for shopping and dinning.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris T

Chris, thanks for great review and we are glad that you enjoyed staying with us here at the Hotel Harrington, we hope you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

A friend and I stayed at the Harrington Hotel for a girl's weekend in the city. We loved it! It was clean and comfortable, and the staff is fantastic! All of the employees that we saw were friendly and personable and gave us lots of recommendations of things to do, and places to eat when we asked. The room was cozy and clean. The beds were comfortable, and we even had a great view from our windows! I loved the charm of this hotel and all of the history. We were also right in the heart of DC, so close to all of the main attractions, shopping, and loads of fantastic theaters and restaurants! I was so thrilled that everything was so close to the hotel. We had a fantastic weekend in the city and really enjoyed our stay at Harrington Hotel! We're already planning to do another trip to DC in the spring, and we'll definitely be staying at this hotel again. I give this hotel 2 thumbs up! You will not be disappointed. :)

Room Tip: We stayed on a higher floor and the view of the city was fantastic!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank scrapenthusiast
coniOtto, Manager at Hotel Harrington, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Just wanted to say "thanks" for the great review and we are so happy that you enjoyed our hotel and location. Look forward to seeing you again in the spring, be sure to ask for me would love to say hello.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the hotel many times. Staff is very friendly and seems more than happy to help with suggestions whether we are looking for a great place to have dinner, see a show, or check out the museums. Everything is within walking distance and there are a couple metro stations nearby, too. Our rooms have always been clean and having the refrigerators in the rooms is very convenient.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thanks so much for such a great reveiw and for being one of our repeat and loyal customers! Feel free to ask for me so I can say "hello" next time you are at the hotel so I can make sure your stay is going well. Thanks again, and hope to see you soon.