I enjoyed staying at the Hotel Harrington and the primary reason was the location. From the hotel it is just a walk to everything I want to see in DC. The hotel which was built in 1914 was 100 years old when we stayed there so I thought that was kind of special. I enjoyed being able to buy a good breakfast within the hotel, at Harriet's. The HVAC system is outdated, but seemed to work well for us. It was not extremely hot weather when we were there in the middle of May, so I cannot say for sure, but it seemed as though the air conditioner was doing fine. The vent process was old and strange, ceiling vent and a stick to open and close, but it worked for us. There is no way to control temperatures in individual rooms however. The bathroom could use some renovation. There was nowhere to put my things. I had to keep my toiletries in my bag and carry it back and forth to the restroom, and just set it on the toilet seat lid while getting dressed. But the shower was good and the bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. Parking was a little inconvenient as we had to use a parking garage three or four blocks away, $16 daily to park there. This was okay for us as we like to walk for exercise value. At least there was room on the street to pull over and unload/load luggage. I would stay at the Hotel Harrington again due to the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Harrington is located in the heart of Washington, D.C.'s world famous tourist district. Just 1/2 block from Pennsylvania Avenue, between the Capitol (10 Blocks) and the White House (5 blocks), you can easily walk to all the sights, such as Ford's Theatre is just 1 block, your first smithsonian is just 3 blocks from the hotel, the Verizon center is just 6 blocks, so park your car if you have one and just walk to all the sights. In addition, Metro Center, is just two blocks away which is the Red Line. We offer 242 guest rooms, including 26 deluxe family rooms, full service restaurant, fast food restaurant, friendly pub, local tours, and a nice gift shop. Amenities Free Wifi Free Internet Cafe w/computers in Harriett's Restaurant Free postcards at the front desk Private bathroom in every room Refrigerators are in most rooms. Just ask if you need one brought to your room Microwave for guests located in the Internet Cafe Ice Machines - Lobby level and floors 2 through 6 Soft Drinks - Lobby level and floors 1 through 6 Telephones - Direct Dial System. Local calls $0.25/each. Long Distance - see instructions in room Postage Stamps - Purchase from the front desk Televisions - Every room has a TV with free HBO! Laundromat - 2nd and 3rd floors Games for kids - just ask the front desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Hotel Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Harrington Washington Dc