you really can't get a hotel at this price point at a better location - yes it is old (ancient?) but just keep it in mind and take it all in as part of the experience! we got given the wrong room key - THANK GOD nobody was in the room when we walked in - but they realised very quickly and chased us down, apologising profusely and promptly giving us the right key. not a huge deal but i guess it could've ended very badly.
since we were in washington for the sight seeing and not really looking to stay in a hotel room, couldn't really have asked for more - rooms are dated but clean, just use a gentle hand so you dont break anything!
ps. cheap laudramat on site - $2 for washing and drying??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Harrington is located in the heart of Washington, D.C.'s world smithsonian is just 3 blocks from the hotel, the Verizon center is just 6 blocks, so park your car if you have one and just walk to all the sights. In addition, Metro Center, is just two blocks away which is the Red Line. We offer 242 guest rooms, including 26 deluxe family rooms, full service restaurant, fast food restaurant, friendly pub, local tours, and a nice gift shop. Amenities Free Wifi, computer in lobby to print boarding passes, Free postcards at the front desk Private bathroom in every room Refrigerators are in most rooms. Just ask if you need one brought to your room Microwave for guests located in the Internet Cafe Ice Machines - Lobby level and floors 2 through 6 Soft Drinks - Lobby level and floors 1 through 6 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Hotel Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Harrington Washington Dc