I wrote a review back in August of 2007 and since visiting again, I thought I'd write a new review.
We got a two room family suite and it was so spacious (corner room on 10th floor) and the room was very clean.
The kids had their own room (two twins) and their own bathroom. They had their own TV and the room had a divider to close between our rooms (Not a door, just a divider). There was a closet in this room.
Our room had a queen sized bed, desk, fridge, TV, table and chairs. We had our own bathroom and a big closet! The room got changed every day with beds made and towels freshened.
This is a very convenient hotel near just about everything. Super close to the Metro and the "Welcome Center" for tours and trolleys.
Lots of really great places to eat (Harriet's is convenient, but not great. We ate there one morning and they ran out of sausage and the food was merely so/so.)
Every was nice and helpful.
The hotel is OLD. It is 100 years old this year. So realize that when you reserve there.
This is not a new Hampton Inn with new beds and white comforters.
This is an old hotel.
But if you're sight seeing and just sleeping here..... it's perfect for exactly that.
Plenty of outlets. Hair dryer in room.
The only odd thing that happened while we were there is that we had a fridge with a freezer the first two days. We came back one night and that fridge was gone and replaced with another without a freezer. It was odd. All our stuff was there, though!
Beds are not great. That is why I couldn't give a higher rating. They are old mattresses, blankets and pillows. If they were to upgrade something, this would be my recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Harrington is located in the heart of Washington, D.C.'s world famous tourist district. Just 1/2 block from Pennsylvania Avenue, between the Capitol (10 Blocks) and the White House (5 blocks), you can easily walk to all the sights, such as Ford's Theatre is just 1 block, your first smithsonian is just 3 blocks from the hotel, the Verizon center is just 6 blocks, so park your car if you have one and just walk to all the sights. In addition, Metro Center, is just two blocks away which is the Red Line. We offer 242 guest rooms, including 26 deluxe family rooms, full service restaurant, fast food restaurant, friendly pub, local tours, and a nice gift shop. Amenities Free Wifi, computer in lobby to print boarding passes, Free postcards at the front desk Private bathroom in every room Refrigerators are in most rooms. Just ask if you need one brought to your room Microwave for guests located in the Internet Cafe Ice Machines - Lobby level and floors 2 through 6 Soft Drinks - Lobby level and floors 1 through 6 Telephones - Direct Dial System. Local calls $0.25/each. Long Distance - see instructions in room Postage Stamps - Purchase from the front desk Televisions - Every room has a TV with free HBO! Laundromat - 2nd and 3rd floors Games for kids - just ask the front desk ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Harrington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrington Hotel Washington Dc
- Hotel Harrington Washington Dc