“I have to pay two nights two times !!!”

The Henley Park Hotel
Ranked #103 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Hotel Lombardy sent us here because they had a problem with their reservation system and had no rooms available... but, this story doesn't end well because in Henley Park they charged me two nights and they promise me to reverse the transaction on check out, that never happened, and I have to pay two nights two times: the first one to the Hotel Lombardy and the second one in the Henley Park Hotel... I call to the front desk in Henley Park and they don't want to give me back my money... terrible terrible situation... I'll never use again these hotels, and I recommend anyone reading this review don't stay in these two hotels, never !!! My name is German Largo Urrea and I stayed there from august 3rd to august 5th

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank glurrea
Maggie E, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

In researching your concerns I find no charges applied for the fist night of your stay either at the Hotel Lombardy or the Henley Park Hotel.
Room and tax were charged for the second night's stay at the Henley Park Hotel as.
Unfortunately, since your reservation was made via Expedia.com and was a pre-paid reservation the charges should not have been applied to your credit card. I do apologize for the error and I have made the appropriate correction.
Since your hotel charges were paid to Expedia and not directly to the hotel I am not able to reverse these charges although I have reached out to my Expedia area manager to insure that a credit is applied for your first night's stay for the inconvenience of being transferred by the Hotel Lombardy to our hotel. He has assured me that he will follow up for you.
The Hotel Lombardy sent Expedia an email on August 3rd to inform them of the transfer. They should have automatically applied a credit for your first night's room charges. Should you not see the credit, Expedia can be reached at https://support.expedia.com or via the Customer Support link on their web site.
I apologize that your concerns were not addressed immediately but know that you canalways reach me at the hotel anytime and that I remain committed to the satisfactory resolution to this problem.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Last minute get away. Had never stayed at the Henley Park and found it on internet. Arrived early,10am, front desk staff very gracious and helpful with directions and holding bags till check-in. Hotel was clean, central location, friendly lounge with evening entertainment (unexpected), room comfotable and nice dining room with great food. What stood out was the staff. Everyone we were in contact with was accommodating and pleasent; bartender, bellman, driver to airport and especially our waiter:Sejan(pronounced season). All in all great weekend. We will not have to look for a hotel in D.C. in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Salvatore2412
Maggie E, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always gratifying to hear good things from our guests. Our staff is great and completely focused on personalizing your hotel experience. It is what they do best and I will relay your compliments to them.
Make that return trip soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

This hotel is not compliant with the Americans for Disabilities Act. Maybe it is exempted for landmark status, but stay away if you use a walker or wheelchair! The rooms are not well maintained. Very short on amenities. Room service delivery is substandard.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RGsunny

I am sorry to hear that your hotel stay was unsatisfactory. We are as you indicated a historic hotel and are in some instances granfathered from ADA compliance. We do provide assistance when requested in order to make all hotel guests as comfortable as possible. Access from our entrance requires a small step up to enter the Lobby bu that is the only barrier to accessibility. Larger rooms such as our Junior Suites are very wheelchair and walker friendly and this upgrade is complimentary for guests with special needs. These rooms also have oversized bathrooms and many are newly renovated.
I will review our Room Service systems to insure service reliability.
If I can assist in any way please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Higher than four, really.

We stayed two nights. The lobby staff were always pleasant and helpful. Old style city hotel, but all furnishings and surfaces were newer, nicely decorated, and well cared for. Check in and out were easy, and they made the valet parking a breeze.

The room was smallish but not cramped, and there are choices for larger spaces. We had a single queen and it was certainly enough to sleep and regroup in. One of the cleanest hotels we've been in. Great value. Would definitely stay there again.

Our sleep quality was excellent because we were not on the street, but in the back facing an office building. We had no view to speak of, but I would choose this again if possible because it's quieter and possibly less expensive.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank metropo7

Thank you so much for your lovely review. My staff and I greatly appreciate your compliments. We endeavor to never allow an opportunity go by to excede our guests expectations. Nice to know that our efforts are appreciated.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed 3 nights to sightsee the city, monuments, and parks. The room was small but clean and comfortable. It had a full bathroom (not a half bath with the sink in the bedroom). The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Coffee but no breakfast was provided. It is within walking distance to the mall and monuments. Consider this Hotel for a reasonable price and a good clean place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Fred K
Maggie E, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Succinctly put! Thank you for your comments. For those travellers who wish to partake of breakfast we offer a full breakfast menu in our Tavern Restaurant. Packages that include breakfast can also be found on the hotel website.
I hope that you will come back and continue your exploration of Washington. Three days is not enough time to take in all it has to offer.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Very convenient to all the Washington sights. An individualistic architectural style which you are unlikely to replicate anywhere. It has an extraordinary "English" feel about it and the staff is very friendly. Rooms a reasonable size and clean and comfortable. The hotel is located on the edge of downtown and is very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the style and location of the Henley Park Hotel. The Tudor style of architechture which is carried through to the interior details does lend a very unique appearance, reminiscent of European hotels. It is inviting and warm.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed a single night in Sept. after booking with Wayne, who was working the front desk one August weekend and was very friendly and upbeat.

The property is very pretty. Lots of old world detail, furnishings not to our taste, but generally quite nice; a little shabby in places, but nice. Got a great price and took advantage of an upgrade opportunity from the website and had a junior suite with 2 club chairs, one with a ottoman, a recently renovated bath, frette linens and bath towels and mats, lots of space and good light. COMFORTABLE bed and pillows. We liked the room. City noise, which allowed us to feelmright at home but could be a problem if you're not used to it. The gym is nominally serviceable with 2 treadmills and recumbent bike i couldn't get to work. Staff friendly. Not too far from metro-- we walked with our bags.

Reservations were a mess. After booking, i looked for a confirm and had none. Called the hotel and was advised that reservations would not reopen until Monday at which time I should expect an email. Shortly before my trip I checked and couldn't find an email so contacted the hotel and was advised that I had no reservation. Since reservations was again closed, I was told to call the next day. Went online to "contact us" and sent emails to reservations seeking confirm from them. Late the next day, no email from reservations, called again. Yes, I have reservations. Requested an email. Was advised to write down my confirm number. Offered my email address and was advised that they had it (it was correct). No email sent.

My bad. I thought I had booked a business traveler package and checked the website to see what was included. Saw that continental breakfast for one was part of the package and made the mistake of not verifying my eligiblity before getting breakfast. The server, Alejandro?, was delightful; he is very proud of the hotel and I got the impression the staff view themselves as family. It seems a special place in that regard. On checking out learned that my breakfast (don't get the continental--overpriced and just reheated stuff, but coffee very good) was not included. Next time will ensure I receive written verification of the offer terms. Otherwise, a very nice stay.

Room Tip: If you are not used to city street noise, e.g., trash collection in the middle of the night, ask for...