“It's a great location for the convention center”

The Henley Park Hotel
Ranked #100 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 11 November 2013

It's considerably less expensive than many other DC hotels. It's right by the convention center, clean and no frills. I'd stay here again. The rooms are small but I spent very little time in my hotel room anyway. It's a bit dated but it was fine.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Maggie E, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you so much for your astute review of our hotel. I am pleased that our historic building and services met your needs. We bring a unique experience to your Washington, DC stay with all the comfort and amenities of a large chain hotel without the cookie cutter look and feel.
As you correctly indicated we are located just a block away fron the Convention Center making it one of the best locations for conventioneers.
I hope that you will choose us again on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

It was good to stay in a city hotel that was different. Very helpful staff. Yes it was slightly noisy but I have stayed in just as noisy friends houses in city locations. The upside of being central was you could walk everywhere if you wanted to. No problems with storing our luggage all day and our taxi to the airport was a limousine!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I am pleased to learn from your review that you enjoyed our convenient location. Our prime location provides our guests a seamless way to explore Washington, DC. we are within walking distance of many area attractions and two Metro stations.
Our staff is great and completely focused on personalizing your hotel experience; whether luggage storage or comfortable transport to the airport it is what our team does best and I will relay your compliments to them.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I should've known that something was up when I came across ear plugs on my bed upon check in haha. It wasn't too bad though, but what did surprise me was that the noise started at 4am! again, not too bad but it was raining the entire two days I was there, so maybe construction crews couldn't work.
The room itself was spacious, they kindly provided an umbrella that I could borrow during my stay, and the staff were nice. it's not a modern hotel but it is very well maintained and clean. It looks like they will be renovating the rooms so I'm sure it will be even better in the future.
Location is great, you can definitely walk to the main sites. too bad the government shutdown and constant rain prevented me from doing so! I was there for a conference and have been to DC before so I can't really complain :)
Overall, great hotel, I secured a good price, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again! It has a nice euro feel to it, so if you prefer that over the big chains, then definitely look into this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Balancing twenty first century amenities with the 19th century sensibility of our historic hotel is our challenge. I hope that we provide the proper balance. The governement is open for business as are all the National sites so come back soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed in a beautiful junior sweet on the 5th floor - very spacious with a huge comfortable bed and living area. Great location - you can get to White House and Congress within 15mins or so as you're almost in the middle of the two. The metro centre subway is within 5-19muns depending on how quick you walk. The hotel building itself was very historic and beautifully traditional but this came with a downside in that it was noisy throughout the night as the road it's on Massachusetts Ave is busy and the windows are single glazed. The hotel did provide earplugs which blocked out a lot of the noise but I'm not a fan of having to wear them so regretfully if we were to stay again in DC we probably wouldn't stay here.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Maggie E, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Henley Park Hotel. Unfortunately our central downtown location does come with busy street noise which can be disturbing if you are not used to a big city environment.
We offer a variety of rooms on the 10th Street and Atrium facing sides of the building. If you are a light sleeper this may be your best option. We are happy to pair you with the room that best suits your needs. Try us again and let us know your preferences. We will do everything in our power to make sure that your stay is flawless.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

The hotel is an older property, but clean and comfortable. Stayed here for a convention which is right across the street. The food was good and the folks that worked here were nice and friendly. They provided good directions and recommendations.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your brief but succinct review of the Henley Park Hotel. I am happy to hear that we met your expectations. The staff does an excellent job of guiding our guests to all of the attractions that our city has to offer. I hope that we'll see you again next year.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We found this small, european-style hotel a couple of years ago and return every year for an annual visit to DC. It's a terrific location, within easy walking distance to the Mall, Capital, Museums, White House, and all the tourist spots & restaurants of Chinatown. The rooms are small, as in any city hotel,but the amenities are lovely, the staff attentive, the hotel restaurant is charming, food is good, and happy hour in the bar is lively. If you're looking for an adult atmosphere, and quiet you will love this hotel. We do.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Wonderful to hear of your repeat stay ay our hotel. We really appreciate your business. I hope that the style, service and convenient location will keep bringing you back.
See you next year.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I booked the room on-line. I had a good feeling about this hotel when I received a "welcome" e-mail from them prior to my stay. I checked in late at night. The hotel clerk was friendly and provided me with information on the restaurant and the exercise room. A bellman took my luggage to my room. He turned on lights and the heater. The room was charming. It had crown molding. The room was facing a street that had some construction occurring. The hotel provided ear plugs to block out the construction sound. I did not need them. The bathroom was an average size. It had a heat lamp that warmed the room.
The hotel is about a 30 minute walk from the Smithsonian History Museum. I would stay her again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Maggie E, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for your comments and I am happy to see that the staff did their usual great job of welcoming and familiarizing you with our hotel's services and amenities. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. I feel that we do offer a different experience than the large chain or big box hotels, a bit more style and personalized service.
Come back and see us again.