The Henley Park Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Grand Hyatt Washington(Washington DC)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconvention centerquaint hotelstreet noisemassachusetts avenuejunior suitewithin walking distancean older hotelattending a conferencemarriott marquisrooms are smallwhite housecomfy bedfew blocksmini barnational malldowntown dcvalet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed here with my husband for business. The location is very good, the structure is an historical, old-england fashion and charming. The room was nice, even though I personally do not like the moquette as I find it dirty, the only disappointing part was the bathroom, not at the standard of a four stars hotel (small, old, without any amenity). The first evening we had dinner there, food was nice and at very reasonable price. Also, we profited of a happy hour as aperitif (champagne for 5 dollars a glass) and appetizers.. Overall, a very charming night! The only thing that was really disappointing was that the espresso machine was broken, no way to get a decent coffee in the morning, so terrible for me as Italian! Overall, the personnel was nice and trying to help when needed. A good experience, but please repair the machine for espresso!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Maggie E, General Manager at The Henley Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. The Tavern Restaurant and Blue Bar do offer great food and drinks at very reasonable prices. The Happy Hour you describe is offered M-S form 4pm-7pm.
The style and size of all our rooms and bathrooms vary because of our unique historic building, originally built as an apartment in 1918. Let us know your personal preference and we will pair you with the room that best suits your needs.
We appreciate comments such as yours, as it not only lets us know how well we are doing but it also gives us insight on ways to improve.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

A quirky small hotel in an historical building suffered from a lack of personal service. Washington was a bit like that in everything. If you ask, it will be done, but no desire to genuinely connect and anticipate your needs. My travel agent failed to make sure that we had a bed each, and the hotel only has queen beds , so I had to pay an extra $50 per night for using the sofa bed in a jnr suite. That bed is not suitable for a fully grown adult.
Be warned that the hotel is situated on a busy road, and there is 7 day a week construction across the street, for which I was given one set of earplugs.
On a positive note, good quality main bed and bathrobes plus a bar fridge. On a lesser note, a 20 inch TV in jnr suite?

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ju M

Thank you for your feedback. That we missed the mark in any way is regrettable and we will certainly try to do better in the future. Our staff is usually very committed to your complete satisfaction and are always ready to assist. How disappointing that your travel agent booked the wrong type of room. Our hotel does not have any rooms with two beds. This information is readily available to all travel agents and all room types and descriptions are on our web site.
I am pleased that we were able to accomodate you in a Junior Suite. I am however a bit confused regarding the description of the TV in your room. The smallest size TV in our Suites is 32" and in some cases depending on the room configuration are 42".
I hope that you will consider us in the future and if I can assist in any way please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

It's considerably less expensive than many other DC hotels. It's right by the convention center, clean and no frills. I'd stay here again. The rooms are small but I spent very little time in my hotel room anyway. It's a bit dated but it was fine.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your astute review of our hotel. I am pleased that our historic building and services met your needs. We bring a unique experience to your Washington, DC stay with all the comfort and amenities of a large chain hotel without the cookie cutter look and feel.
As you correctly indicated we are located just a block away fron the Convention Center making it one of the best locations for conventioneers.
I hope that you will choose us again on your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2013

It was good to stay in a city hotel that was different. Very helpful staff. Yes it was slightly noisy but I have stayed in just as noisy friends houses in city locations. The upside of being central was you could walk everywhere if you wanted to. No problems with storing our luggage all day and our taxi to the airport was a limousine!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I am pleased to learn from your review that you enjoyed our convenient location. Our prime location provides our guests a seamless way to explore Washington, DC. we are within walking distance of many area attractions and two Metro stations.
Our staff is great and completely focused on personalizing your hotel experience; whether luggage storage or comfortable transport to the airport it is what our team does best and I will relay your compliments to them.

Regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I should've known that something was up when I came across ear plugs on my bed upon check in haha. It wasn't too bad though, but what did surprise me was that the noise started at 4am! again, not too bad but it was raining the entire two days I was there, so maybe construction crews couldn't work.
The room itself was spacious, they kindly provided an umbrella that I could borrow during my stay, and the staff were nice. it's not a modern hotel but it is very well maintained and clean. It looks like they will be renovating the rooms so I'm sure it will be even better in the future.
Location is great, you can definitely walk to the main sites. too bad the government shutdown and constant rain prevented me from doing so! I was there for a conference and have been to DC before so I can't really complain :)
Overall, great hotel, I secured a good price, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again! It has a nice euro feel to it, so if you prefer that over the big chains, then definitely look into this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Balancing twenty first century amenities with the 19th century sensibility of our historic hotel is our challenge. I hope that we provide the proper balance. The governement is open for business as are all the National sites so come back soon.

Warm regards,