“Great Pick”

The Henley Park Hotel
Ranked #103 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Henlely Park Hotel has a prime location. We were able to walk to the Verizon Center for a Caps game, museums, and restaurants. Every room in the hotel, including ours, was clean. The employees were kind and helpful. I was nervous because I hadn't spoken to a person that had stayed there, but I was more than pleased with H.P.H. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 February 2010

We only chose Henley Park after cancelling our booking at another hotel to save some money. I was very glad we did. The hotel has a lobby and lounge of a much more expensive hotel. The bar and restaurant looked similarly impressive. The staff were very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in us. Our room did have a pretty direct view of a building under construction which might be a problem once it is finished as whoever is there will be able to see right into the room. Luckily it seemed construction had halted for the holidays so we were not disturbed by any noise. The location is good. We did not use any public transport and were able to see all the monuments and memorials as well as the Holocaust Museum. i would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank PoeticCrayon
Reviewed 20 January 2010

A nice historic hotel close to the convention center. Nice decor, staff etc. However it suffers from two critical defects: one, the street noise from about 06:00 AM is simplify awful, sleep is a lost dream and two, the coffee is simply vile, it makes one long for that dark swill they serve at ga stations.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Henley Park Hotel from Dec. 31 through Monday, Jan. 4th. We were on the 8th floor and our room overlooked 10th St.

The room was very clean, as others have stated, and we loved the bed and linens. We had a standard room, and it is probably the smallest I have ever stayed in. We were gone most of the time sight-seeing, so this was not a large problem. The bathroom was large, clean and adequate. The toiletries were nice - Coconut Lime Bath & Body Works.

It seems as if Massachusetts Ave. is a main thoroughfare for fire engines and ambulances. We heard them numerous times day and night. There was a brisk wind blowing during our stay, and this kept the windows rattling noisily and allowed a cold draft to blow through. The window in the bathroom would not close completely, and the room stayed very cold.

We only at in the hotel one morning for breakfast and the food was very good. I had Eggs Benedict, and my husband had smoked salmon on a bagel. It was $45 for both of us with a small pot of coffee.

One thing that left me feeling ripped off was upon leaving, I called the front desk and asked for a cab to take us to the airport. When we went downstairs we were directed to a Lincoln towncar belonging to the hotel. Great, I thought. What a nice gesture! When we arrived at the airport, the driver told us it was $20 plus tip. Our taxi from the airport to the hotel earlier in the week was $12 plus tip. This left a bad taste in our mouths. I would have preferred taking the cab and saving the $8, but was not given the option.

We enjoyed our stay, but I think we will stay closer to the museum district on our next visit.

1  Thank galveston_gal
Reviewed 1 January 2010

My wife and I are 60ish and we have been big fans of this cute boutique hotel for many years. The chef is excellent and the dining experience is very enjoyable. We have enjoyed New Year's Eve at the hotel in prior years because the crowd always was dressy, a jazz band played on to make the evenings lively, and the main common areas were decorated festively for the occasion. Not this year (2010). No decorations. No jazz band, just a pianist. And the crowd had changed from being primarily a well-dressed group of mature adults to mainly a 20s and 30s aged group of folks wearing blue jeans and pullover sweaters. The changes made us sad. We'd go back for dinner, but not for New Year's Eve.

Steve Baker

Excellent food on site
Good Value for Money

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2009

Booked this hotel for the first time using Hotwire and didn't know what to expect, but I was genuinely happy and surprised by my hotel. If you're not familiar with Hotwire, then here's a basic rundown: You book a hotel but don't know what hotel it will be. The only clues you get about the hotel is the star rating and the location. Once youve pre-paid for the hotel, they tell you where you are staying.

I wanted to be in DC near all the attractions, and be affordable. And I met those 2 criterias when I booked this hotel and more. The hotel was next to the historic center and near alot of the major bus routes and sightseeing bus routes so you can conveniently explore the city. The staff was super friendly and helpful when I checked in. And the room was extremely clean and comfortable. WiFi was free, and the mini bar in the room was well stocked. The thing that surprised me the most about my room was how quiet it was. Being in a major metropolitan city, you'd think you'd hear bus and car noises all day and night, but it was super quiet and I slept soundly. Not sure if it was my room location or what, but I got a well deserved good night rest after a long and busy travel day.

I highly recommend this hotel and the rates are really good value for what you get. When my travels take me back to DC, i will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo