“Very Nice Hotel - Nicely located”

The Henley Park Hotel
Ranked #99 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Pennsylvania
“Very Nice Hotel - Nicely located”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Henley Park Hotel for a week at the end of March. We registered online through AAA. We were given a nice, clean, and quiet room (Rm 503). Queen size bed, dresser, TV, coffee maker, closet, and bathroom. The room was big enough for our needs.
The personnel were helpful and very courteous. All questions were given attention.
The restaurant in the hotel is typically pricy for Washington, but the menu and meals are excellent. Breakfasts are worth the money, also.
The location is a few minutes walk from the Chinatown metro station, and the area around the hotel is clean and safe. Around the corner is the Washington, D.C. Historical Center. Worth a visit and across the street from this building are tour-bus stops.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
Waynesville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

Found this Hotel searching for packages on Yahoo travel. I usually opt for the chains since they are a known quantity, but I decided to take a chance this time and am so glad I did. I got a deal of under $100/nt.

This place is fantastic. Spotless room and modern clean bathroom/shower. Comfy bed and well stocked mini-fridge(but pricey as always). We had a corner room on the 8th floor and it was very spacious with nice furnishings and not a cookie cutter type room. The lobby, bar and lounge are all very nice and clean. Staff is most excellent.

The Henley Park is very convenient to everything. Across from the Conv ctr, 10 min walk to Verizon and Chinatown, 20 min to the Smithsonians. 2 circulator buses($1 fare) stop within 2 blocks and can take you to the National Mall, Union Sta, and G-town. There;s a CVS and Cafe 1 1/2 blks north on 10th as well as many shops, cafes and restaurants within walking distance.

This is definitely my new home when coming to DC for both business and pleasure.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank fyrmnjim
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2010

I stayed 5 nights at the Henley Park earlier this month when attending a conference at the Washington Convention Center. The hotel is fantastically placed with regards to the Center, literally across the street and this was a huge advantage. The premises are quaint with the hotel occupying a historical building. While definitely not glittery-modern I enjoyed the atmosphere of the building. It is important to note that the hotel does not have any twin rooms - all are doubles - and this was almost a problem as I was travelling with a colleague and only found out upon arrival, but we were placed in room 414 that is a junior suite so we were OK. There is a tiny and slightly uncomfortable (too hot) fitness center on the 2nd floor that is open 24 hrs. The small but charming lobby holds a well stocked bar and really great restaurant called the Coeur de Lion. Had breakfast there a few times and enjoyed it each time. But what really got me was the service. My colleague forgot the DND sign on the door one day when we went out and returned at night to the mess we left earlier. Upon our request, housekeeping was there in a few minutes despite the late hour and took care of everything with a smile. A few people I would like to mention are Fausto in the restaurant who always made sure that everything was great and took a real interest in his guests. Thanks! Marianne (hope I spelled this right) in the bar at night who was as friendly as she is pretty. She remembered my favorite after the first time and made sure that Jack (Daniels) was there when I was. Thanks to you too! But the winner is Willis Anderson who worked the night shift on my last night there and when he heard that I would have to get up earlier than planned to feed the parking meter (the hotel parking service @ $30 was a bit too expensive for a few hours) he immediately said "no way. I'm here at that hour and I will stuff the meter for you so you can sleep another hour!" Willis - you made my day and stay. While it should be common, this type of outstanding service and caring by hotel staff is rare and the Henley Park is lucky to have such people. I know where I will be staying when I'm next in DC for a conference and highly recommend the Henley Park over the other huge hotels that are also in the vicinity.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank PharmaTraveller
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

Henlely Park Hotel has a prime location. We were able to walk to the Verizon Center for a Caps game, museums, and restaurants. Every room in the hotel, including ours, was clean. The employees were kind and helpful. I was nervous because I hadn't spoken to a person that had stayed there, but I was more than pleased with H.P.H. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2010

We only chose Henley Park after cancelling our booking at another hotel to save some money. I was very glad we did. The hotel has a lobby and lounge of a much more expensive hotel. The bar and restaurant looked similarly impressive. The staff were very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in us. Our room did have a pretty direct view of a building under construction which might be a problem once it is finished as whoever is there will be able to see right into the room. Luckily it seemed construction had halted for the holidays so we were not disturbed by any noise. The location is good. We did not use any public transport and were able to see all the monuments and memorials as well as the Holocaust Museum. i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PoeticCrayon
Toronto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2010

A nice historic hotel close to the convention center. Nice decor, staff etc. However it suffers from two critical defects: one, the street noise from about 06:00 AM is simplify awful, sleep is a lost dream and two, the coffee is simply vile, it makes one long for that dark swill they serve at ga stations.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Henley Park Hotel from Dec. 31 through Monday, Jan. 4th. We were on the 8th floor and our room overlooked 10th St.

The room was very clean, as others have stated, and we loved the bed and linens. We had a standard room, and it is probably the smallest I have ever stayed in. We were gone most of the time sight-seeing, so this was not a large problem. The bathroom was large, clean and adequate. The toiletries were nice - Coconut Lime Bath & Body Works.

It seems as if Massachusetts Ave. is a main thoroughfare for fire engines and ambulances. We heard them numerous times day and night. There was a brisk wind blowing during our stay, and this kept the windows rattling noisily and allowed a cold draft to blow through. The window in the bathroom would not close completely, and the room stayed very cold.

We only at in the hotel one morning for breakfast and the food was very good. I had Eggs Benedict, and my husband had smoked salmon on a bagel. It was $45 for both of us with a small pot of coffee.

One thing that left me feeling ripped off was upon leaving, I called the front desk and asked for a cab to take us to the airport. When we went downstairs we were directed to a Lincoln towncar belonging to the hotel. Great, I thought. What a nice gesture! When we arrived at the airport, the driver told us it was $20 plus tip. Our taxi from the airport to the hotel earlier in the week was $12 plus tip. This left a bad taste in our mouths. I would have preferred taking the cab and saving the $8, but was not given the option.

We enjoyed our stay, but I think we will stay closer to the museum district on our next visit.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple