“Location and service :-)” 4 of 5 bubbles

Washington Marriott at Metro Center
Ranked #50 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Sarasota
“Location and service :-)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Pet friendly and clean hotel, located close enough to everything (15 min walk to museums, 5 min drive to shopping, 10 min walk to dining). On-street parking is okay though you may have to park a block away or so (we did not use the garage). Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mendnow
Steven S, Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Mendnow,

Thank you for sharing your great experience while staying here at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center. We certainly agree that we have a great location for visiting the Nation’s Capital. I can also agree that our beds are very comfortable. We are as always friendly to all service animals.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Wonderful time! Clean! quiet, excellent location! only 2 small things -- online pics show a spa/hot tub -- now it's gone -- or at least I couldn't find it! and breakfast buffet -- tho' yummy, was pricey.
Otherwise! loved it! and I will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Warner Robins, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here at the DC Marriott 5 days for a conference. This property is a bit dated but well updated and maintained. The rooms are comfortable, service EVERYWHERE in this hotel is Superior to many hotels you will stay. This ranges from front desk, housekeeping, catering, IT, conference, you name it. This property does conferences well and it shows. Food is high quality and well prepared, with attention to detail. Had several meals in the restaurant and it is all "chef quality". I also want to say the support of the IT dept (Magdy Abdelkrem) was superior. I left my USB mouse back in Atlanta and he provided me a loaner for my stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Topdiamond
Greenville, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband, myself, and our 10 year old stayed here for four nights. I found the hotel on the forum. We were happy with our stay. The staff were very friendly, especially the doormen. They remembered us each day and would briefly chat. This was a sightseeing trip and the hotel is centrally located. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gamtravel
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

After looking up a gazillion places, I settled with this Marriott. I arrived in DC from Boston at 8, and I was checked into my hotel right away. I usually always ask for early check in, and with no problem it was given. I took the metro everywhere as it was literary outside the door. As it was my first time in DC I wanted to explore the city by foot (also took a taxi here & there) my room was spacious, comfortable, clean and overall kept together. I mainly booked this location for the pool to go for a swim here and there, but I was so buy didn't get a chance to enjoy it until I checked out the pool. I was disappointed as it needs to be updated, and what seems to be years of dirt on the ground.. besides that all in all I was happy!

Room Tip: if you are staying here and planning on visiting the city by metro, buy a $14 day pass!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SaKkApFeT
Dear SaKkApFet
Thank you for letiing us know how your stay was here at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center. I'm glad we were able to accomodate your early check in and you liked our rooms. I am also happy to report that we just completed an $80,000 update of our workout facilities. We have added new cardio equipment and cleaned and replaced much of the old flooring. We have been receiving great feedback about the new facility. We hope you get a chance to come back and see for yourself. Thanks again for the great feedback. Steve Smith
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

The Location was important as I wanted to travel by foot for the majority of our 3 day stay.The hotel was situated in a perfect area that totally allowed for this! The staff was very friendly and helpful! I would and probably will stay again. It was cleans and quiet as well!

Stayed November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is your standard Marriott property, which is to say it's clean and comfortable. The staff was super friendly. What makes this hotel stand out is the convenience to the Metro, which is 50 feet down the block from the front entrance. That is, if you need to use it; the hotel is close to many restaurants and night life.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business