“Impressive stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Impressive stay”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I recently spent three nights at the Washington Marriott at MetroCenter. I am a well-seasoned traveler and have to say that I was beyond impressed by this hotel. First, the rooms and communal areas are extremely clean and tastefully decorated. Second, the hotel is at the perfect location for DC (easy walking access for business or pleasure and great metro access). Third and most important, they have the most accomodating and professional staff of any hotel I have stayed (I have been in over 300 hotels across the world). Well done to the management and staff of the Washington Marriott at MetroCenter. The next time I am in DC, I will always stay there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Ramond S, Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
We will like to thank you for your great review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Polish first
East Point, Georgia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I was there for a conference. Front desk had a horrible attitude. They didn't clean our room for two straight days. On the third day they missed it we asked and they said there was a no disturb sign on the door when there wasn't. Lobby and rooms were very simple and unimpressive, especially for the price. I wouldn't recommend this hotel and I hope no future conferences are schedule there.

1 Thank lefont71
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Upon check in I asked that my co workers, all of us are gold or platinum elite, be placed on the concierge level. This was done with the exception on one out of seven. The rooms were basic yet nicely decorated. A fridge was placed in my room as I requested. The staff was extremely nice. The concierge lounge was small but had some of the best food brand wide. You were able to have a real meal at breakfast and dinner if you liked the items that were available that day. I ate in the restaurant Fire and Sage twice and it had a great assortment. The metro is right next to the hotel so access was very convenient. There are several stores, restaurants, museums and other forms of entertainment nearby so you don't have to go far. The housekeeping staff was extremely nice. I even got a thank you note for the tips I left. The Starbucks in the lobby is a nice bonus. The gym is very good for a hotel gym. Equipment includes cross ramps and treadmills in addition to a wide variety of weight lifting machines, free weights and a steam room. The pool was open the first week I was in town, but sadly was closed for remodel the second week. All in all this is a pretty good hotel.

La Jolla, California
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Stayed 2 nights for business. It was fine, no complaints, just an extremely average business hotel. Very boring decor; could use an update. Halls were really cold. Convenient location if you're taking the Metro and coming home at night. The Starbucks opens at 6 AM. For the money I would stay instead at the Grand Hyatt the next block over, which (if I remember) has a direct entry from the underground Metro.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Ramond S, Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback it is truly valued. Recently the hotel received a $12 million dollar renovation which has been well received by our guests; however we appreciate your feedback as it allows us to continue to improve upon our product. I will like to thank you for staying with us at the Washington Marriott at Metro Center and hopefully we will see you in the near future.
indianapolis
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

No lobby seating area.

Wifi is free only in this tiny lobby.

I ate in the restaurant twice. Service and food was better the second time around. No flatbreads were on the menu, despite being promoted on the exterior window clings.

This hotel is one of very few in DC with an indoor pool.

I stayed for four nights. The same housekeeper serviced our room each day. She was excellent.

The location is ideal for business or tourism.

The room was typical Marriott.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank travelkevin
princeton, nj
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Clean comfortable, fairly close to the White House. Excellent room service breakfast, valet parking. Staff helpful, efficient, friendly. Rooms on the cozy side but stylish, comfortable beds, all services fine.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank hawk333
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights. I really enjoyed my stay. The room was clean and comfortable. I asked for a quiet room and an early check in which I was very happy getting. The staff was very helpful and polite. The location was great. Right next to the metro, hence the name. Very close to the Verizon Center and about a 10-15 minute walk down to The Mall and some of the Smithsonian Museums.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo