“Great location & friendly staff”

Washington Marriott at Metro Center
Ranked #48 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for an event at JW Marriott (a few blocks away) and it was a great location. Could walk to the event as well as all the monuments.

If you walk the monuments make sure you have comfortable shoes and good jacket (when cold). It took me three hours to hot them all.

Restaurant was good and coffee was good. Rooms clean and staff friendly. Will return again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I attended a conference which was being held at the convention center. The Marriott is only a few blocks away and is an easy walk to the convention center. It is also a short walk to the White House and National Mall area. There are many restaurants, cafés, and bars within walking distance and at lunch time tons of food trucks right out front. The hotel has a restaurant in the lobby Fire & Sage which was excellent. I sat at the bar several times and the food and drinks were always good and well made (plus moderately priced). There is also a Starbucks in the lobby which I appreciated! The staff was exceedingly helpful and met all my needs. The lobby has free wifi but you have to pay for it in the room which was not favorable. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. I liked the gym a lot. I was impressed with how many machines there were. There is a pool but I did not use it. If I return for business purposes or otherwise I would stay there again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Steven S, Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear R R
Thank you for your kind words regarding your visit. It is always great to hear that someone has had such a great experience. I will be sharing your feedback with the team as they enjoy the recognition for their hard work.
We are so glad you like the gym as we just upgraded over 80K in new equipment.
Steve Smith

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Without a doubt having the metro just at the door step is the biggest draw card for this hotel.
It is located in a nice area in Downtown. It also needs to be said that the walking distance to good restaurants and the museums, white house and monuments is 5 - 20 minutes away.
In regards to the room and facilities, we found them to be clean and tidy and the Staff attentive.
The room we had , however, was rather small for 3 people and we did pay a reasonable price for it This did not include breakfast but the Starbucks in the foyer is a great asset to buy reasonably priced breakfast from. The gym was a good size and it had good equipment. A laundry was also very useful.
Overall our stay was pleasant.
One word of advice which is not related to this hotel is the Supershuttle service to Airports. We booked one to take us to Baltimore Airport. On booking our credit card was debited, however, our shuttle never turned up. We rang 3 times while waiting in a panic. Eventually we were told that the shuttle had broken down and a taxi would be sent. Still after waiting we had to take our own taxi. Another phone call to Supershuttle and no great response. After a number of emails our credit card after 3 weeks was debited. Poor service indeed from Supershuttle...take a taxi!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Roamers46
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My fiancé and I originally chose to stay at this hotel out of convenience and location. The Verizon Center is a short 10-15 minute direct walk and we had tickets to see a concert. We ended up staying the entire weekend with Marriott Reward points which was fantastic but the hotel offered us more than we were expecting. This hotel is not only conveniently located but it is clean and modern. We were given a wonderful corner Room 1415 with a view of 12th street and the top of the Washington Monument. The bed was comfortable, spacious and clean. Upon checking in, we were offered Marriott points or a breakfast at the hotel restaurant 'Fire and Sage', we chose the breakfast and I'm glad we did. This restaurant was delicious, breakfast offered a large assortment...omelette bar, scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, cereal, bagels or pastries, fruit etc. the service was very polite and attentive, we enjoyed it very much every morning. This restaurant was also a great spot for happy hour to grab a drink and an appetizer in the evening. The front desk and concierge were very accommodating and polite as well. We were lucky enough to have beautiful weather and walked to the free museums, the White House and Washington monument, It was beyond convenient...loved the location! All in all we enjoyed ourselves very much and would recommend this Marriott to anyone.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jsb79
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Our room was nice and the staff were all polite. The best part is that you walk out the front door and take the elevator straight down to the metro. To have a nice, clean hotel with such easy access to the metro made this a great place to stay in DC.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I understand this is DC and prices are high everywhere - but even with out teams discounted rate of $189 (including the $22 room tax), the price was just too much given that nothing is included. Breakfast buffet was over $25 (with tip) - if you order only eggs or an omelet, they charge you $4 for coffee and $4 for juice - so you're back up to about $75 for breakfast for three. There is a Starbucks onsite - eat there instead! I hear parking per day was about $40. So $567 for three nights got us nothing but a basic room. I requested an in-room fridge twice but never received it. On the plus side, the location was good, the room clean and the staff was polite/ professional. I stay almost exclusively at Mariotts for my kids sporting events, but I may start to stay elsewhere because the prices of the "extras" like food, parking etc are climbing too high for an average family.

• Stayed: February 2014
Jen F, Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear PianoLady71,

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. In regards to the food and beverage pricing I wanted you to know that we are competitive with DC hotel restaurants and stand-alone restaurants of the same quality. In addition, the group rate that was secured by your group was a lower rate than we were selling for on those dates. You are a valued customer and everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I will certainly be sharing your feedback with the appropriate department heads as well. If there is anything else I can assist you with, please let me know. I hope to serve you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Jen F.
Assistant Rooms Operations Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2014

This hotel is centrally located to everything in DC. Metro Center is about 100 feet from the front door. Staff was friendly and very helpful. We will stay here when we return to DC. Except for 700 volleyball teams in DC that weekend the place was perfect.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends