“Good location”

Ranked #49 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel room was not spacious but it was enough comfortable to stay. I did not have any problem during my stay. The rates are high. There are many sites to see in walking distance. You can walk to smithsonian museums from this hotel. It was hard to find nice and affordable restaurant around the hotel but I felt safe to stay at this hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 0909tommy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,043)

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The room was very comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The location at metro center is very convenient. Very easy to take the metro to the airport and be there quickly for a flight.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Came in for the TAPS gala, and the hotel was a convenient location from the National Building Museum. Room was very nice and comfortable. Concierge Lounge was small, but had excellent food selections, maybe the best of the Washington Marriotts. Front desk staff was professional but not very friendly or warm. Hotel is across the street from a very good Macy's.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've stayed at this property a few times before with no complications whatsoever; but on my most recent visit it was nothing short of a nightmare getting checked in. The paperwork for my reservation was not complete so I obviously could not check in at the rate I reserved with. When I specifically asked the young lady behind the desk for a moment to make the necessary phone calls she proceeded to check me in, at the best available rate of that day. Next thing I know i have a notification from my bank about abundant funds withdrawn.
I never ended up staying there, I went around the corner to the JW but Nigel helped me a tremendous amount by giving me loads of helpful information and even cancelling my reservation at no penalty. *JW IS WAY BETTER.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the end, much spacier.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank sgkidane
Ramond S, Front Office Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

sgkidane

I will like to first apologize for the unfortunate situation you encountered upon arriving at our hotel. I truly understand how it can be upsetting when situations do not go as planned. Please also know that I have addressed this with the managers of the front desk and can be assured that this was an isolated incident. Once again please accept our apologies. Thanks.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I'm a gold elite member, pregnant and from abroad. I will never visit again!
Staff has attitude and never picks up phone.
Rooms small. Sink in bathroom as high as my knees!
Lounge small, too busy and always missing something!!!!
Terrible. Terrible

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank KL3339951
Ramond S, Front Office Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Ms. KL3339951

We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your experience while staying with us here in Washington DC. It is very disappointing that the service you received was below your standards and we do apologize for that. I have begun the process in addressing the issues you have raised. Once again thanks for your feedback as well as being a valued gold member with Marriott.

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice (typical Marriott lives up to their name)....clean, friendly staff. It was central to everything. For the price they should have had free wi-fi everywhere except lobby and the room could have been bigger. It was close to everything. Next time I'll make sure we are in a hotel that provides wifi and breakfast for that price.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank kayde29
Ramond S, Front Office Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and sharing your experience with the Washington Marriott at Metro Center. We appreciate your feedback and take it seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve our product and service.

For future references we offer rate packages that include breakfast for two as well as packages that include internet. Once again thanks for the great feedback, hopefully we will see you in the future. Thanks.

Ramond S

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Rate is high. The staff is not helpful. Free internet is provided only in the lobby. Complimentary breakfast is good but service is bad. The staff is forcing for tip even for complimentary breakfast.Not a good place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank hasanzaheer
Ramond S, Front Office Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Mr. hasanzaheer,

We truly appreciate your feedback regarding your experience while staying with us here in Washington DC. It is very disappointing that the service you received was below your standards and we do apologize for that. I have communicated to the Restaurant manager your concerns and please be assured they have been addressed. Once again thanks for your feedback.