“Great hotel, unbeatable location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Washington Marriott at Metro Center
Ranked #49 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
College Station, Texas
“Great hotel, unbeatable location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I had to be in Washington on business, so my wife and I came up a couple of days early to be tourists. Like most of the hotels where I stay, I used a third-party website because of the better rate. Of course, this also puts you in a position to not know exactly what you're getting into. In a nutshell: home run.

The location is top-notch for two big reasons: first, you're within walking safe distance of many locations, including The White House and memorials along The National Mall. You're also within walking distance of a number or restaurants and bars. Second, Metro Station is right outside the hotel. If you're hesitant about using mass transit, at least give the Metro a try. It's affordable and will get you anywhere in the city in very short amount of time.

Check-in and check-our were a breeze. Our room was great and had everything you would expect from a four-star hotel. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. And, although we did not use the service, there is a concierge downstairs to help you get around the city.

We stayed for two nights, then switched to a different hotel because it was the location of the business group with which I was involved. My wife and I both agreed: Marriott-Metro Center was superior to the other location in every way. I would recommend it for business, couples, solo, and families.

FYI: I gave the hotel top grades in all categories with which I was familiar. I ranked the spa and breakfast in the middle, only because I wanted to neither heap praise on areas in which I had no experience, nor shortchange them.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chace_Murphy
Jay-AGM, Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks so much for your thoughtful review of the Marriott Metro Center. I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. I'll be sharing your comments with the team here. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next trip to DC!

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Polish first
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed here for one night for a concert at the Verizon Center. I have nothing negative to say, valet and front desk were very nice, room was nice and clean. The bar had a nice happy hour with decent food.
If you're seeing something at the Verizon Center this is an ideal location, there's also a lot of great food in the area.
After staying at the Willard in April, the rooms here appear bigger but less "stately", it also seems a bit more corporate and sterile. Valet parking was the same price at both properties. I'd go back to either.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've stayed at the Marriott Metro several times, and stayed this time because of my prior experiences. First off, it sits on top of the Metro Center station, so access to the Metro is very easy. Secondly, it's in a great location for access to everything else. Third, there's a Starbucks in the lobby. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert M
Jay-AGM, Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. We'll look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to DC.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

My best friend and I booked a room at this hotel last night because her mother is in ICU and took a bad turn so we needed to stay in the city in case we were needed. The reservation line that booked us quoted us a wrong rate so when we checked in the rate was quoted at $499. When we explained the situation to the front desk manager he discounted the room to a political rate which was less than half of the standard rate. He even offered us free wifi Internet so that we could use social media to keep family updated on her mom's status. This was so wonderful of the staff at this hotel and they were very friendly and accommodating through our stay. My best friend and I are now loyal Marriott customers for life.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Guilford,ct
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here for three nights this past weekend. Very friendly staff. Restaurant and bar were nice. This is very convenient place to stay. White House about five blocks away. Rooms were very nice. Valet parking is very pricey at $42.00 per day. Wow. Over all, a great trip and a very nice hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jremra
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed here on business and although it was not as convenient as where I usually stay, it's a good hotel. The service is particularly good from front desk, to the bar, and front door staff. They really go that little bit extra.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about the Washington Marriott at Metro Center on TripAdvisor. I will make sure to personally share your story with our staff so they can share in our appreciation of your feedback. We'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Jay Lefkowittz
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights, in April during our road trip. The Location was amazing, as it was walking distance from almost everything we wanted to see in the city including some great restaurants. The service however was lacking a bit, The front desk was fine, but service in the restaurant was less then what we expected. Not worth the money that you spend for this Hotel. I think the JW would have been a bit better choice, even if it is a bit more expensive. Room was clean, and comfortable, but as many others have reviewed, you are paying for the location and not that actual hotel, and service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kurt S
Jay-AGM, Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post a review about your stay with us. While I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your trip, I'm sorry to learn about the service in the restaurant. I'd very much like to learn more about your experience to see if there's anything specific we can do to improve. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel 202-737-2200. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again,