“Great hotel, well located”

Washington Marriott at Metro Center
Ranked #48 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed here in January 2014. Our corner room was huge, clean and comfortable. The subway is just outside the hotel, and easy to walk to the White House, Smithsonian museums & other monuments. Ronald Reagan airport is around $20 by cab, we got the train to West Falls metro and a bus from there as the traffic was bad for a morning flight.
Be sure to check out the Old Ebbit Grill (3 blocks from the hotel) for great food and service.
We'd definitely stay here again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jay-AGM, Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Mike S -

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Metro Center Marriott on TripAdvisor. Our location is one of our greatest assets and it sounds like you enjoyed being in the thick of what DC has to offer! We'll see you next time.

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Excellent Stay!! Room was big and VERY VERY clean!! Subway right out the door & takes u right to monuments, museums, Arlington, Pentagon, Amtrak & Airport. What more could you ask for. Blocks from Ford's Theatre where Lincoln was shot TAKE THE TOUR. Eat at Lincoln waffle house next to it, Fast & YUMMY!! Definitely reccomend to anyone visiting DC. You will not be dissapointed. We traveled from California and loved our stay on the East Coast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Lucia N --

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Washington Marriott @ Metro Center on TripAdvisor. I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed our location in the heart of DC! We'll look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We did a family trip to Washington DC with 2 young girls - 8 and 11. This hotel was perfect for us. Great location. We were blocks away from the Mall, Whit House and the metro station was right out side. The hotel was clean and beds were comfortable. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. We were on the 4th floor and traffic noise was not bad at all. My only complaint would be I kept hearing a rattling noise in the wall - would come and go. They were willing to change my room, but it wasn't bad enough to change. I would recommend this hotel and I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott G
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We travelled with our teenage son and had a room with King bed and sofa bed on the 10th floor. Very quiet, room was a decent size. The bed was amazing! I usually find hotel beds too hard, this one was perfect. Bathroom has a full size vanity which is a bonus with 3 travellers and all our belongings. Front desk staff, bellboys were all very accommodating at check-in and storing our luggage after check-out until our airport departure. Requested a fridge, which was delivered promptly. Maid service always left lots of towels which was great as it was very warm so we all needed an extra shower after touring all day. Very close to subway. Starbucks in lobby. Downsides would be service in restaurant in lobby was very poor, few other restaurant choices nearby. The Marriott Residence Inn seems to be in a location with many more restaurants outside the door and it is only about 4 or 5 blocks away. Also, the washrooms in the lobby are by Starbucks and you need a secret code (that changes at least once a day) to get in - it it quite bizarre. We asked where the washrooms were and were told where they were but not provided with the code - which left us locked out. Ended up having to go back up to our room. Another staff member we encountered in the elevator filled us in on the secret code. Hint: If you think you may need the secret code, ask for it the first time you encounter a staff member each day so you have it when needed. Also, in this day and age, I expect free WiFi in the room

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Celeanor
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Comfortable, clean, contemporary, courteous, close to metro and other areas. The room was large and they bed was comfortable. Coffee pot was hard to find. No safe in the room. And if course, no free wifi. They have a computer to print your boarding pass and complementary newspaper.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Safe, clean, and easy walk to the white house and Mall. There is a metro stop right outside the door that gives access to the lines going toward the mall/Smithsonian and north toward the zoo. There are many restaurants close by also and felt safe walking after dark.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I travel about one week a month, and stay in a fair number of hotels at this level. After a couple of days here, I realized that I liked it better than just about any other hotel of this level that I'd been at, and concluded it was because I liked the little things. There was some counter space in the bathroom. The closet had lots of hangers. The wifi had plenty of bandwidth, both in the guest room and in the conference room where my meeting was. There were enough outlets to plug in an e-reader, a laptop, and a phone for the night. The plumbing worked. The elevators were fast. The iron and ironing board seemed new. And while you don't get a complimentary breakfast at this level, the Starbuck's in the lobby was one of the most efficient I've seen. Furthermore, it's a good area, with a Metro station half a block from the door. In fact, the only thing I could complain about was that there was some confusion about whether I'd made my reservation when I tried to confirm (although it was in the system somewhere, and was no problem when I arrived). But all in all, it didn't have any of the little annoyances that I expect to put up with, so it will be my first choice next time I'm in DC.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jay-AGM, Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

ANSMET4,

Thanks for your comments about the Washington Marriott Metro Center. I'm so happy to read that you enjoyed the hospitality and "little things" that made your stay so enjoyable. I'll make sure to share your comments with our team and we'll be looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Washington.