Great location for visiting the White House and all the other associated tourist attractions as they were all within walking distance. We struggled to find something to eat locally for evening meal on the first night, as we had a full day out at the attractions and there seemed to be a lack of eating places, however, the following night, feeling tired and not wanting to walk far, we turned left out of the main entrance down the side street and found a road full of places to eat, including a great little bar and a few shops!!
Stayed in room 201 which was spacious, quiet and pleasant with very comfy king bed and pillows. The room was right next to the lift but we hardly heard a thing and slept well. Plenty of hanging for clothes and lots of fresh towels in the room. There was plenty of storage in the bathroom for toiletries and a good powerful hair dryer was available too!! Coffee making was available in the room, however unlimited free tea and coffee was also available in the lobby.
Entrance to the lifts and toilets in the lobby was by room key fob only, so making the hotel very secure. There was a curious life sized statue of President Kennedy in the lobby and the walls of the corridors were adorned with photos of presidents past and present which gave a sense of history to this modern building.
The breakfast buffet was excellent with a great choice of hot and cold meats, cereals, eggs, bacon, fruit etc or you could order from a more formal menu and have omelettes cooked while you watched, all served by pleasant staff. Our first morning we had to join a long queue for breakfast but, as I usually do in a queue, I timed it and it was only a 5 minute wait, which enabled us to look at the lovely photos on the wall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue Cafe(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn