Holiday Inn Washington DC - Central / White House
Hotel Lombardy(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$286
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$550
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$469
US$381
  • Room Service
US$347
US$321
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$395
US$330
  • Breakfast included
Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$371
US$382
US$332
Official Website
  • Restaurant
State Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$264
US$251
US$498
US$413
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$479
US$385
1,499 results
All reviewswhite houserooftop poolwhole foodsjean michelrhode islandkids eat freebreakfast buffetlogan circlefront desk staffminute walkwithin walking distancehotel restaurantparking garagewould stay here againfew blocksnational mallconvenient location
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I stayed for three nights at this property in early October. I was there for business and am a female solo traveler.
The friendliness and helpfulness of employees is amazing! Almost every single employee seemed genuinely interested in making my stay satisfactory. This is the main reason I rated the hotel higher than "poor".
Here are the two deal-breakers, in order of importance - cleanliness/housekeeping and food quality.
The rooms were in serious need of a thorough cleaning and vacuuming. How many towels or other items I received varied each day, despite the fact that I left a healthy tip each morning. The bathroom floor wasn't mopped and the bathtub wasn't scrubbed. The ice bucket wasn't emptied and coffee pot not cleaned. Little stuff, perhaps - but at the rate charged - no excuse. I will tolerate a lot of things in a hotel, but lack of cleanliness won't cut it.
Next - quality of food. My rate entitled me to a free breakfast, but the so-called hot food was cold and scambled eggs were fake. Store-bought pastries were stale and fruit was "aging". The dining room employee Carlota was a sweetheart - she seemed concerned when she saw my unfinished meal and tried to help. Room service sandwiches were ok but limited menu. The room service server was a West African gentleman with a name I can't recall and he was friendly and extremely efficient.
The people that work at this hotel should look for jobs at a place that values good employee attitudes. Housekeepers need to be trained on how to clean and supervised more closely.
Room note - I asked for and received a small refrigerator at no charge, which was appreciated. Front desk personnel were cheerful and helpful. Wi-fi was free but extremely slow - took thirty minutes to download a 1 MB .pdf file!
I'd stay here only if nothing else available in DC area. Cancelled a reservation for next week as I did find something better.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Lauri101
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Location was a good choice for us and walkable to many restaurants and attractions. Beds in double room are only 'full size', not queen so they were smaller than we are used to. However the mattresses were comfy. Parking is available for FREE on the street on weekends right near the hotel. Otherwise the hotel charges $30 per day. The buffet breakfast is phenomenal and not to be missed. It is $15pp but so much food that you will not need to eat until dinner! The maid forgot to clean our room so service could be better. They did apologize and bring us fresh towels, etc. Hotel in general was safe, clean and comfortable and location was good.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Got an amazing deal here. Can't beat the location. Five minutes from supermarket and trendy cafes and about 20 minutes walk to the White House.

Friendly staff (one receptionist remembered my name the whole time) and rooms were decent-sized and very clean. Despite being smack in the city, there was no traffic noise at all.

However, the subway is about a 15 minute walk away. I didn't mind because DC is a walking city anyway. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2010

This is a excellent Hotel the staff is very accomadating. The rooms and the entire hotel make your stay in washington a real pleasure. I cannot say enough about this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2010

My son and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Central for 3 days while we were college hunting in the DC area. The hotel is nicely located. We walked downtown most days. 2 metros are a few blocks away. There are bars/restaurants and grocery store within 2 blocks...just north 1 block and east one block.
There is coffee and tea in the lobby.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. The 8th floor has a great view.
The hallways were super hot for some reason.
The pop in the bar was 3.50 a glass so beware!
The front desk manager honored a reduced internet price that I had seen....really a great way to start out our stay in D. C.
Wonderful customer service by maint. guys, front desk folks, and bellman.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family