The Holiday Inn Central/White House was a great deal! It was in the middle of Washington DC, which was convenient. However, you should plan to do a LOT of walking. I love walking for exercise, but I've never walked more than on this trip. The nearest subway stop is about .8 miles away. It took us about 20-30minutes to get from Ronald Raegan to the hotel by cab.
I didn't need anything fancy since I didn't plan to stay in the hotel very much, so this was a great choice. The decor was very dated. It is within walking distance of CVS pharmacy, Whole Foods, and several restaurants. I arrived at the hotel at 12 p.m. and was allowed to check in early. They also keep Werther's candy at the front counter, which was nice. :)
The fitness center was okay for cardio. It had a bicycle and a treadmill. There was only one weight machine, but luckily we were the only people in there at the time.
The free wi-fi was a definite plus!
There is a restaurant in the hotel, but I never ate there. Overall, I think this was a great hotel for the money and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue Cafe(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn