The good: the hotel is nice, the common spaces and rooms are clean and the staff are very friendly. The location of the hotel was convenient for my work and there are a number of nice restaurants and bars in the vicinity. The bad: the location isn't that convenient for getting around DC and Arlington. The nearest subway stations are Farragut North and West about 15 minutes away on foot, as is the white house and another 5 minutes to the Mall and Washington Monument. This was really only a problem with young child in tow. The ugly: despite its cleanliness the room was tired, no ventilation in the bathroom (with obvious signs of water damage). We were a little surprised there was no fridge but I hadn't realised how common that was in mainland hotels. Finally, I'm pretty certain (though untested) the rooms are made of cardboard. The RU women's basketball team were staying on our floor and they may as well had been in our room! I'd recommend this room for business in the vicinity, not so much for sightseeing with kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House is conveniently located on the corner of 15th St and Rhode Island Ave, 6 blocks from the White House. The hotel is within walking distance of 2 Metro stations, within 1 mile of Amtrak, and 4 miles from Reagan National Airport and the Pentagon. The Holiday Inn Washington offers free high speed Internet and fitness center.The Holiday Inn is minutes from Washington DC area attractions, including the Smithsonian museums, Library of Congress, National Zoo, MCI Center, Washington Monument, US Capitol, Washington DC Convention Center, and Washington National Cathedral.As a proud recipient of the Quality Excellence Award for guest satisfaction and impeccable service, the Holiday Inn Central combines the elegance of mahogany with the sophistication of rich Italian marble. Dine at Avenue Cafe(C), our full-service restaurant that specializes in American cuisine and where Kids Eat Free! Enjoy a specialty drink in the lounge, or go to our rooftop to swim in the outdoor pool or delight in a panoramic view of the city.We offer flexible meeting space ideal for business and social events. The Holiday Inn in Washington, DC has a gift shop, game room, underground parking, and self-laundry facilities. We invite you enjoy our stylish comfort, convenience and excellent hotel service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington DC-Central/White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Central / White House Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn