I stayed in this hotel for one night, and was quite pleased. It is a full-service type of hotel, so not as many freebies as some options, but at least the internet in the rooms is free.
The lobby was busy, and not especially attractive, but there are some outside seating areas.
I opted for a room with a double bed, since I was alone and get tired of rooms where a huge bed takes up most of the room. This turned out well, as I got a very nice corner room with large windows on both walls. It was a small room, but spacious enough. I found the room to be more classic than dated. The TV was flat panel. Amenities included fridge, coffee maker (4-cup with glass pot that could have been cleaner), iron and ironing board. Pretty much everything that would be expected (no microwave).
The bed was comfortable with a choice of firm and soft pillows. I appreciate that disposable cups (instead of glass) and comforters with washable sheets (instead of bedspreads and blankets) now appear to be the norm. The one drawback was that the aircon was directed to blow directly over the bed. The hotel seemed full, but the room was very quiet.
I found the front desk staff to be polite and efficient. They also helped me out with a minor issue that wasn't really there problem, so that was much appreciated.
Parking costs a small fortune, though is good until 5 PM on the day of check-out. This reduces the value of the hotel somewhat, and means it is best for shorter stays or for guests who will not need to park. It is in-out parking.
The location is very convenient to the Mall and Metro. A drawback for tourists is the lack of restaurants nearby. Most are fast food, and many close in the evening. Of course the hotel has a restaurant, and there are some other options near the river several blocks away. Otherwise, dining is likely to require a trip on the Metro, so the location is not perfect, even though it is in the heart of the city.
This is a good choice if you have early morning business nearby, or for tourists who would like to return to their room during the day. Those who want to stay in an area with nightlife will prefer Dupont Circle, and hard-core tourists can save money by staying further out and using the Metro.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol. We offer the ideal location for business and leisure travelers coming to Washington, DC. We are conveniently located one block fromSmithsonian s National Air & Space Museum. Walk to major Washington area attractions including the United States Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums, White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial and the Holocaust Museum. This Washington, DC hotel is within reach of DoEd, DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, USDA, and USITC. Stay connected with our complimentary high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and 24-hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24-hour, state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center. All hotel rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superb location, friendly and experienced staff, makes the Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at our new Capitol Bistro, where Kids Eat Free, grab a quick meal at the Shuttle Deli Express, or coffee from our full service Starbucks. Unwind in the modern, comfortable surroundings of the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill or take a relaxing swim in our seasonal rooftop pool overlooking the US Capitol. Make the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol your first hotel choice when traveling to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, TravelUp and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Capitol