Why waste your money staying at this hotel! Sure it has a good location near the Smithsonian Museums, underground parking, and a great buffet breakfast but that does not makeup for all of the problems. There is a reason that there is a $100 penalty for early checkout at this hotel...we where not in our room for 5 minutes before I went down to the front desk and requested another room because of the construction noise on the entire fourth floor...and you could still hear the construction noise (10 AM to 5 PM) on the ninth floor. I understand the renovation work because basically the decor of the rooms is 1970s or 1980s and really the rooms are not that clean or properly maintained. But what concerned me the most was the non-disclosure of the construction...for example it was not disclosed in any of the e-mail communications, not at check-in, and not even a sign on the check-in counter...basically when I went back to change my room I was told that it was posted on the hotel website. The reason I choose this hotel is because of the underground parking which is difficult because you have to park between all of the piers in the in the parking garage and the parking spaces near the elevators are the most difficult because you back out a 100 yards while turning corners trying not to back into any piers or parked cars. Also the elevator security where you insert your room card to access the guest rooms is not working so anyone can access all of the guest floors...and we received several takeout menus from local Chinese restaurants under our door at night and later a delivery of Chinese food to our room...and there is no room safe for your valuables. If that is not enough there is no WIFI reception on the ninth floor so you have to go down to the lobby and use the Business Office for your internet access which was also the playground for the children staying at the hotel. I almost forgot if you are interested in sleep quality request a room that is away from the side of the hotel that faces the regional train...and yes you can hear it all the way up to the ninth floor and it is louder than the construction noise. This is my first stay at a Holiday Inn in a long time and it will be my last stay at a Holiday Inn for a long time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol. We offer the ideal location for business and leisure travelers coming to Washington, DC. We are conveniently located one block fromSmithsonian s National Air & Space Museum. Walk to major Washington area attractions including the United States Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums, White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial and the Holocaust Museum. This Washington, DC hotel is within reach of DoEd, DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, USDA, and USITC. Stay connected with our complimentary high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and 24-hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24-hour, state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center. All hotel rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superb location, friendly and experienced staff, makes the Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at our new Capitol Bistro, where Kids Eat Free, grab a quick meal at the Shuttle Deli Express, or coffee from our full service Starbucks. Unwind in the modern, comfortable surroundings of the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill or take a relaxing swim in our seasonal rooftop pool overlooking the US Capitol. Make the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol your first hotel choice when traveling to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, IHG, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Capitol