Generously-sized, newly-refurbished room. Friendly helpful staff. Good location in Capitol Hill area close to metro and attractions. The hotel is a bit expensive but not disproportionate for this area of Washington.
The breakfast is a hot American-stylebuffet including biscuits with gravy and pancakes, if you like that sort if thing. I enjoyed the scrambled egg with spinach and mushroom. There is fruit, cereal and oatmeal. When you sit down you are quickly brought a large glass of freshly squeezed juice, iced water and your choice of tea or coffee. For me, personally, it was missing a selection of breads (only toast bread) and cold options such as cheeses etc. But that is personal taste of course. It seemed like you could also order à la carte if you wanted.
Very good fitness centre for a hotel - including 4 treadmills and a bigger selection of free weights than you normally get in Europe.
Only two gripes - the wine from the bar was very poor quality for the price and there is no kettle, just a tea/coffee machine in the room which only works with the capsules provided (choice of either de-caf coffee or a rather sour breakfast tea).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol. We offer the ideal location for business and leisure travelers coming to Washington, DC. We are conveniently located one block fromSmithsonian s National Air & Space Museum. Walk to major Washington area attractions including the United States Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums, White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial and the Holocaust Museum. This Washington, DC hotel is within reach of DoEd, DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, USDA, and USITC. Stay connected with our complimentary high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and 24-hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24-hour, state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center. All hotel rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superb location, friendly and experienced staff, makes the Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at our new Capitol Bistro, where Kids Eat Free, grab a quick meal at the Shuttle Deli Express, or coffee from our full service Starbucks. Unwind in the modern, comfortable surroundings of the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill or take a relaxing swim in our seasonal rooftop pool overlooking the US Capitol. Make the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol your first hotel choice when traveling to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, IHG, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Capitol