The reservation was made 4 months in advance and they required full payment inadvance. I thought this was highly unusual. I requested a rollaway bed for a teenage grandson. The room was much too small for 4 of us, and there was absolutely no room for a rollaway. We were located on the 6th floor overlooking railroad tracks and an elevated train passed beneath our window several times a night.
Yes it is located centrally on the Mall and a great location for major sightseeing. It would have been fine for two of us just needing to sleep there between sightseeing forays, but for our needs it was a terrible disappointment. It was packed with traveling student groups who were often noisey in the hallways. The pool is located on the 9th floor and shabby at best plus up a long flight of steps.
The bathtub was very slippery when showering. I requested a bathtub mat and was told one would be sent up. It never appeared. We were prepaid for 5 nights in this place. I felt trapped and betrayed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol. We offer the ideal location for business and leisure travelers coming to Washington, DC. We are conveniently located one block fromSmithsonian s National Air & Space Museum. Walk to major Washington area attractions including the United States Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums, White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial and the Holocaust Museum. This Washington, DC hotel is within reach of DoEd, DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, USDA, and USITC. Stay connected with our complimentary high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and 24-hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24-hour, state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center. All hotel rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superb location, friendly and experienced staff, makes the Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at our new Capitol Bistro, where Kids Eat Free, grab a quick meal at the Shuttle Deli Express, or coffee from our full service Starbucks. Unwind in the modern, comfortable surroundings of the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill or take a relaxing swim in our seasonal rooftop pool overlooking the US Capitol. Make the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol your first hotel choice when traveling to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Capitol