Good news: Have stayed here several times and the rooms have been updated. Bathrooms are shower only. Flatscreen TV's with HBO and free Wifi. Convenient to Metro (L'Enfant Plaza) and one block from Air and Space Museum and American Indian Museum. Staff is friendly and helpful and you can store your luggage if needed. Small swimming pool on roof. Good security for elevators and entrances and a safe area.
Bad news: Not much going on in the neighborhood. There is a CVS, Quizmo's and McDonald's on the same block but not much else in the way of dining. Starbucks on the corner also. One of the office buildings across the street has a couple of sandwich shops but they are closed on the weekends. If you want to walk to the museums on the mall, it is quite a trek if you go further than Natural History and the Hirshshorn. Best bet for sightseeing would be to do the Big Bus if you want to go to the monuments further down the mall (i.e., Jefferson, Lincoln, Korean, Vietnam Memorial, etc.). There were a lot of kids in the hotel and a family across from us was very loud in hallways. You could hear them even with door shut.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol. We offer the ideal location for business and leisure travelers coming to Washington, DC. We are conveniently located one block fromSmithsonian s National Air & Space Museum. Walk to major Washington area attractions including the United States Capitol Building, Smithsonian Museums, White House, Washington Monument, World War II Memorial and the Holocaust Museum. This Washington, DC hotel is within reach of DoEd, DOE, DHHS, FAA, FEMA, HUD, NASA, USDA, and USITC. Stay connected with our complimentary high-speed Internet access in all guest rooms and 24-hour business center. Maintain your exercise regimen in our 24-hour, state-of-the-art aerobic fitness center. All hotel rooms are equipped with refrigerators. Our superb location, friendly and experienced staff, makes the Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol the best choice for business and leisure travelers alike. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at our new Capitol Bistro, where Kids Eat Free, grab a quick meal at the Shuttle Deli Express, or coffee from our full service Starbucks. Unwind in the modern, comfortable surroundings of the 21st Amendment Bar & Grill or take a relaxing swim in our seasonal rooftop pool overlooking the US Capitol. Make the Holiday Inn Washington-Capitol your first hotel choice when traveling to Washington, DC! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Holiday Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Capitol