We stayed here for 8 nights while relocating to DC. The reason to stay here is the great location, but the great location seems to keep the hotel full with insufficient attention to good service. The facility is nice, but you can waste a lot of time trying to take advantage of certain services. Some staff were very nice and helpful. But others were just not that good. For example, it took me about 20 minutes one day and four different restaurant area workers to get an order in for take out food for my son in the lounge area. It took be about 20 minutes to get luggage delivered to a waiting car on our day of departure--it just sat there in the lounge area as the person responsible for it was busy and others did not jump in to help. On the checkout day, we got late check out, then had to chase away hotel cleaning staff about four times, staff which kept repeatedly and agressively knocking at the door to clean the room prior to our agreed checkout time. Another cleaning crew person gave us a lot of attitude about 25 minutes before the end of her shift because she did not have time to help us--she said we shouldn't call about it either--she would. And hotel staff at the entrance refused to give me my car keys back at one point because the precise person who had taken them was not around, and I had to go find him. Another person gave us a long convoluted explanation about how we could not get us a refridgerator for another three days while a few minutes later a completely different staffer went and got us a fridge and had someone deliver it to the room. Conclusion? Hotel staff seems to be much more concerned to be covering their [--] vis a vis the management, which may be being pretty tough on them following reviews like this, than actually performing customer service. Aggressive cleaning, not giving a key, not delivering someones else's bag, not surrendering a fridge or simply making it happen, not taking a food order, these are signs that employees may be more concerned about management's rules than about actually helping you. Other employees are just very charming and helpful--quite a variety here. One of the best is Mia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover our historic city from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Enjoy easy access to all the attractions of our nation's capital from our ideal location steps to The U.S. Capitol and just three blocks to Union Station. Walk to the Smithsonian Museums and The National Mall, tour government centers and The White House, visit monuments and museums, cheer on the Nationals or the Capitals - all just minutes from our Capitol Hill hotel. Indulge in seasonal flavors and signature cocktails at Article One - American Grill. Named for the corresponding article of the U.S. Constitution, Article One is conveniently situated in our atrium lobby. Open daily for power breakfast, energizing lunch and relaxing dinner. Dine in the privacy of your room with our room service. It's good not to be home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Washington Dc