“Clean and nice location”

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Ranked #68 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Clean and nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Very close to everything on Capitol Hill and a nice business hotel. The front desk was friendly. Room service was good and there were a lot of choices. The restaurant was helpful in setting up space for an impromptu meeting including providing coffee for the large group. Price was reasonable, room was clean and I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

Having booked this hotel as a mystery bid on Priceline, then read the reviews on Tripadvisor I wasn't expecting a great deal from the Hyatt. I'm very pleased to say I don't know what all the negative comments are about.
This hotel is in a great location, just a few minutes walk from Union Station, the Capitol building & the museums. Everything was clean, well kept & the rooms were very comfortable.
Within the hotel, the gift shop, next to the Fedex, even had a proper Starbucks concession, very handy this time of year.
We drank & ate in the bar, ate in the restaurant and even had room service, all very good.
I don't think I have a negative comment to make. I'd definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sussex UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Nice hotel a short walk from all the capitol, and museums. Rooms nice quiet and comfortable and staff very friendly. Only down side id the restaurant and bar are expensive! There are plenty of other options nearby

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Hello Zolair,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay in Washington D.C. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel as it was close to the attraction. I am also happy to hear that you found the rooms to be comfortable. I am sorry that you found the restaurant to be a little expensive and hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again!

Beverly Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Overall a great experience. Very close to Capital Hill. There was always cab service at all hours. Friendly staff. Great walking distance to the Capital. Rooms were clean, no noise whatsoever. The only thing I would change was the shower head. Low flow so it took longer but other than that, it was great.

• Stayed November 2013
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
I am glad to hear you had a great time at the Hyatt Regency and our staff was friendly to you. I will let the hotel know of the shower head issue. I hope you get to stay with us again soon.

John S-Guest Relations Associate
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

We booked a room in Hyatt during the Summer and we had a great time.
The room has two double beds, good for 3-4 people. Room service and hotel staffs are attentive and are very prompt. The bathroom is large, complete with tubs and all basic necessities. Mirror and shelves are really helpful. Closet is large enough for two people but not for more than that. TV is fine, cable is great.

Facilities: the swimming pool might not be that big but a relief in a city staycation. Gym and sauna are also available.

Parking is a little bit pricey, but almost all tourist park on the side walk.

Location: It's near the Capitol Hill and have a good view when you are in the entrance. But as you know, its not downtown DC so restaurants and other landmarks are not walking distance.

Room Tip: Always go for priceline.com or booking,com
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the size and comforts of the room, the service provided by the staff, the swimming pool and location of the hotel. I hope you get to visit with us again in the near future.

Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

It was a comedy of errors.
- Day 1: on the 2nd floor in the corner, sounded like a dump truck was going over a gravel road all night. Waitress at bar is borderline rude; I guess she thinks she's being funny, but it's just too much.
- Day 2: 6am - shower was like a fire hose, max water pressure, no way to adjust;
*6:30am - front desk never answers phone;
*7am - go down, they offer to move me, take my number to call me when room is ready
*4pm - received no call, returned to front desk, they knew nothing about my request, but politely moved me to a new room, with the caveat that he has no more "shower rooms" only "tub rooms"; at this point I don't care
*4:30pm - enter new room, lo and behold, there's a shower; it is blessedly quiet, water pressure good but there's hair in the tub
Day 3: find out coworkers in the OTHER tower on 10th FL have same noises and water pressure issues; discover that outdated ethernet cables don't work with my laptop; bus boy at restaurant is very polite, but I cannot understand a single word he says and he gets frustrated and nippy with me (my husband has a thick accent...so I'm pretty good with interpreting and more understanding than your average person, so this was a bit surprising to me).
Day 4: use lobby computers to print UPS shipping label, but bellman tells me there's no UPS pickup and I must call UPS myself...I try to do this, UPS is no help. I ask front desk: not only do they have a pickup daily, but it's already come and taken my package....????

Now, I expect this from a cheap hotel in suburban somewhere. But down the street from the capitol building at $250-300+/night? It's embarrassing.

Room Tip: Ask for a QUIET room. Specify that. My coworkers and I had terrible noise in the regular rooms they...
1 Thank ALynn58
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Good Evening ALynn58,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience from the Hyatt Regency Washington D.C.
It is so disheartening to hear about the many problems and issues you had during last visit. I have forwarded your comments to our hotel's executive management team. Please feel free to contact us for any assistance and if you would like to discuss this matter further.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Hurricane, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Positives: Hotel room was clean, Bar staff were pleasant, and location was nice to be in walking distance to nearby conferences.

Negatives: Even with the location, it was over priced for the quality of service. Food was expensive and not that great. Valet staff were ok, but not the friendliest.

Will I stay again? Toss up.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry that you found some aspects of your stay to be not to your liking in regards to the pricing of the food and valet staff. However, I am glad to hear that you did enjoy the hotel rooms and the convenient location of the hotel. I do hope you return to give the hotel another try.