“Great value for a great location”

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Ranked #71 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Great value for a great location”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Location, Location, Location! Literally minutes from the National Mall and US Capital and all the monuments and museums. Didn't need to take the metro or taxi anywhere! The overall hotel was very clean and the rooms where spacious. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: But some room advice, ask for a room away from the street or in the court yard. My room was right at...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Timothy B
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Thank you recommending our hotel and glad you have had a great time while staying at our hotel and visiting the sites. I hope you have the opportunity to come stay with us again soon.

John S- Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 22 January 2014

The MAL weekend participants always appreciate the special room rates and the availability of the entire hotel.

The staff was always friendly, efficient and helpful.

The reasonably priced dinner buffet offered gourmet dishes and the food at the Saturday night cocktail party was also excellent. However, the French toast and the scones at the Sunday brunch were almost as hard as rocks.

The elevators and the hallways were cold. In my room there was a heating issue. Even if the thermostat said 75 degrees, that was definitely not the room temperature, and the air blowing into the room was not even warm.

My only real problem during the MAL weekend was the long wait to have my car returned upon departure Sunday morning. The parking contractor's employees did not appear to follow a method or procedure in bringing the clients' cars from the garage once the front desk notified the parking people that a certain client was checking out and once the client had handed one of the parking employees his parking stub. After waiting in vain for my car for about half an hour, my roommate and I had to make a special inquiry about my vehicle before one of the employees rushed off to get it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Washington for your group. I’m glad our staff has been great to you. I will let the hotel know of the issues you had with the temperature in the hotel and the service at the valet. I hope you are able to stay with us again soon.

John Stockwell- Guest Services Specialist
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed here in June of 2013 with my son for his 12th birthday. Hotel was close to all the attractions in downtown Washington DC. Hotel staff were friendly and very helpful with anything that we asked.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to provide us with feedback on your stay. I am thrilled to hear you and your son enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington, and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I am pleased your son enjoyed his birthday, and you were able to easily navigate the local attractions from our property. Thank you for your kind words, and we hope to welcome you back to the Hyatt Regency Washington soon.

Allie H. –A Guest Relations Associate
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The room was clean, the location is good and the staff is friendly.

Just a few concerns I had:

1) I booked a room with two double beds, but was given a king.
2) I have more than enough points on my Hyatt Passport for a free night's stay, but was unable to use them during my stay for this event. That was hugely disappointing!
3) I really wish I could have used the steps to get to my room. With so many people at this conference, wait times for an elevator were extreme.
4) I was disappointed to know that the Hyatt did not have a business center where guests can go online for free. Lower end hotel chains all have free internet access. Why not the Hyatt?

Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My 3rd time to stay at this HYATT.
First thing I will say is that the staff there is TOP NOTCH !
They couldn't have been nicer.

Rooms are well appointed, comfortable.
Nice efficient gym and lap pool.
Restaurant fare is slightly above average but little pricey. There are other ones nearby
if you choose to venture out.

Green Features: HYATT provides separate trash bins in each guestroom for each specific type: glass, aluminum, plastic.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I am a hotel manager myself, and went to the Hyatt for a convention this past weekend. I thought the hotel did a great job with everything. I want to especially thank the food and beverage department for doing an exemplary job their staff did with all of the events we had. The rooms were comfortable and nicely appointed and the staff did an amazing job of treating everyone with our group with the utmost of respect. Thank you again to you and your staff, as a hotel manager I am pickier then most guests and usually notice things that others would not, and I found nothing worth mentioning that was a negative.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Larry S,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad our staff was able to make your stay memorable. Thank you for choosing Hyatt!

Best Regards,
-Paul R.
PA
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This is the second year that we have spent a January weekend at this property and again have found it to be an easy place to stay with a most helpful staff! Our favorite part is the gym and pool area which also has seating areas with TV's to relax and read, have a snack, etc. From the time we pulled up to the valet until the time that we retrieved our car, we repeatedly encountered staff members who were more than accommodating. Despite the hotel being sold out, the front desk was able to move our room after we checked in and found that we did not have the requested accommodation. One tip for occasions when the hotel is packed would be to take the elevators behind the escalators instead of the main elevators. We saved a great deal of time waiting in line for the main elevators and often found no one at the others.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor away from elevators as you can hear hall noise from inside the rooms. We like wh...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
I am glad to see you have had a couple great stays at the Hyatt Regency Washington. That is great the hotel was able to move your room even with it being full. Thank you for sharing the advice to use the other elevators too. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

John Stockwell- Guest Services Specialist