“Great place to stay when in Washington”

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Ranked #71 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Nice and close to Union Station. I was able to walk everywhere which was great. Took the metro from the airport to Union Station and walked to the hotel with my bags without any problem. It's a very short walk to the Capitol and the Mall so it was really convenient. I was able to use the printer and internet access in the lobby for free to print my boarding passes and check my flight status. Nice clean room as expected for a Hyatt. I would definitely stay there again when I go back.
Price was reasonable but no free Wi-Fi and don't walk in the neighbourhood behind the hotel. Stick with going either towards Union Station or Capitol Hill. Other than that, all good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank for posting this review. I am glad to see you enjoyed the location, your room, and the free internet access in the lobby. I hope you get the chance to stay with us again soon.

John S-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We have stayed here several times and really like it. This hotel is in a great location, especially if you are here to sightsee. The rooms are clean and modern, and the service is great. I highly recommend!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

It was a pleasure to have you back at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. We are grateful to hear that you highly recommend our property to your friends and family for its great location, cleanness, and great service. Thank you for sharing your appreciation with us and your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel. Hope to welcoming you again in the near future.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I recently stayed there for a business trip, and was treated with world class service. Every staff is friendly to all. It seems every staff is helpful and where to go and what to see. EVERYONE, said hello to me and wished me a nice day. It those little touches that make me go back there again and again. This last trip was the turn down house keeper, Elwynn. She took time out of her busy day and talked with me and made me feel at home. If I ever have a choice on where to stay I will always choose this location.

Room Tip: Please consider upgrading to the Regency Club. It was included in my package, and I will consider it...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for expressing your great appreciation regarding our World Class Service provided to you during your business trip to Washington, DC. It is always nice to hear positive and appreciative feedbacks from our loyal customer. We are grateful to know that those little touches made by our staff at the front desk, house keeper, and concierge made your stay more enjoyable and memorable. Your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management at the hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future in DC.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 29 January 2014

We purchased this hotel through a Hotwire or Orbitz type deal for a 1 night stay. The room was nice and the staff was friendly. Overall, though, the hotel could use a facelift. Everything seemed outdated. The location was great, about a 5 minute walk from Union Station. There were lots of cabs lined up if you didn't want to walk or take public transportation. The bed was comfy and the shower had good water pressure. For the price, we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Stayed 3 days for a conference..great location, two blocks from union station, you don't need an expensive cabs. Use the metro, get a map. Rooms were super clean. I am a nurse so that is important. Staff throughout very accommodating and pleasant. Food and service...amazing! No complaints here.

1  Thank RNactivist55
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

RNactivist55,

I am glad you enjoyed our accommodations during your stay! Thanks for choosing Hyatt. We hope to welcome you back as our guest again soon!

Best Regards,
-Paul R.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

The hotel needs some up-grading, not a lot but it would bring it up to par with other Hyatt Regency venues. For example, little things like the faucets in the sink not being securely fixed, the floor level numbers on the elevators hanging loose. However, the staff was uniformly helpful and courteous. Check-in for me was a snap and being a Hyatt club member I got the complementary room up-grade and the late check out. The hotel has a small indoor heated pool and an ample fitness room. Didn't try any of the hotel restaurants or room service. The hotel is located very near the Congressional buildings, the Supreme Court, and Union Station. Two other tidbits. While to hotel has four elevators near the front desk, if you are in a hurry, there are also two other elevators which serve the Regency Club which are never crowded. Also, if you walk to and from the hotel, I would use a little caution around Second Street between D and E Streets.

1  Thank resipsaloquitur
Reviewed 23 January 2014

The staff was tremendous. The food was good at the restaurants especially the burger with the fried egg; the location was perfect. The only distress I experienced was the shower lacked a door. The curtain was hardly able to keep the floor from getting all wet . I'd suggest getting some more permanent fixtures to avoid the likely accident of falling on the wet floor,
Otherwise the event was great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank clawjack
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

I'm so happy to hear that the staff at the hotel was so great during your stay. I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenient location as well as the room accommodations. We would love to have you back soon. Thank you for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S. Guest Relations Associate