“Decent Hotel for Washington”

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Ranked #76 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Overall decent hotel for Washington standards with the exception of two things. Charging for Internet in the room that did not work properly and the hotel breakfast was less than stellar. The hotel front desk was prompt and friendly and the rooms were well appointed to the Hyatt standard, though there was no mini bar. There was a mini fridge but what am I to do with that? The hotel elevators need to be updated as they run slow. As stated the breakfast was less than stellar for the amount paid. You can get a better breakfast elsewhere in DC. Close (walking distance) to Union Station as well as the Capitol and Supreme Court.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (4,336)

Reviewed 13 February 2014

The interior of the rooms are slightly upgraded but not by much. Beds were not as comfortable as we had hoped. This isn't the first time that a Hyatt has disappointed us and its surprising considering the cost. Its in a great location but there is not much comfort to be had.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We had a great stay at this Hyatt. Great location. Everyone was so pleasant especially waitstaff and doorman. Rooms clean as well. The one gripe I had was no internet in room. Although it was free in the lobby, you had to pay ten dollars a day in the room. I was very unhappy about this. Breakfast buffet looked great but food was cold and not good. Waitstaff was so pleasant and couldn't do enough for you but buffet Wasn't worth the 22.00 a person. I would stay again and hopefully they'll change to free wifi.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location. Located just down the street from Union Station and the Capital, it's perfect for a stay in DC. My room was on the 7th floor of the backside of the hotel. Every morning (yes, all three that I was there), delivery trucks were backing up, dropping off (or whatever they were doing). The beeping of their backup alarm was like a daily alarm clock - except it went off at about 4:30 am each day. It was driving me crazy so the last night, I downloaded a "White Noise" app that helped a little...but couldn't drown out the noise.

I may stay here again - but I'd have to stay in a room that fronts the hotel.

Room Tip: For quiet sleep, insist on the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I was disappointed in the cleanliness of the room and the extra charge for accessing the internet. The restaurant is overpriced. You can go to a cafe across the street and have some yummy food for reasonable prices.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The room was extremely nice and very conveniently located. The restaurant in the hotel is very good for breakfast, but don't eat dinner there. The service was extremely slow. We were one of the first ones seated before the place filled up, but still didn't get our food until 45 minutes after we ordered. We couldn't even get our check in a decent amount of time. We had to ask 3 times before it was brought to us. Eat there for the wonderful breakfast, although expensive, but go somewhere else for dinner.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Nice and close to Union Station. I was able to walk everywhere which was great. Took the metro from the airport to Union Station and walked to the hotel with my bags without any problem. It's a very short walk to the Capitol and the Mall so it was really convenient. I was able to use the printer and internet access in the lobby for free to print my boarding passes and check my flight status. Nice clean room as expected for a Hyatt. I would definitely stay there again when I go back.
Price was reasonable but no free Wi-Fi and don't walk in the neighbourhood behind the hotel. Stick with going either towards Union Station or Capitol Hill. Other than that, all good.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank for posting this review. I am glad to see you enjoyed the location, your room, and the free internet access in the lobby. I hope you get the chance to stay with us again soon.

John S-Guest Relations Associate