“Fabulous 9 day stay.”

Ranked #74 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
“Fabulous 9 day stay.”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Great location to discover DC. 5 minute walk up the hill to Union Station and the metro, tour buses, and shops and restaurants. 10 minute walk over to the Capitol and the Capitol office buildings. Always plenty of cabs to use. Actually a stop for the Big Bus tour. You can actually walk down to the National Mall if you don't mind a little walk. We even walked back from the Chinatown area a couple of times. Nice neighborhood, but walk with someone at night.
I have to say that this was one of my favorite hotels I have stayed at. Everyone that works at the hotel is really nice, polite and helpful. The room was not huge but not small. King size bed with a safe in the room. Maid service was excellent. The bathroom was a decent size and we never ran out of hot water. This was one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. The rooms are very quiet with very little noise from the hallways or neighboring rooms. The only drawback I could find is that it is across the street from a very active fire station, but I never found it to be annoying or disturbing. In fact we grew pretty fond of the little station.
Cab fare from the hotel to Reagan was about 23 dollars with a tip. Cab fare down to the White House was about 12 dollars with a tip at rush hour. This was a great location for our 9 day discovery tour of DC. If I go back to the nations capitol, I will definitely stay here. I always looked forward to heading back to the hotel after a long day of sightseeing. Thank you to everyone that works at the Hyatt on Capitol Hill for helping to make our stay a really nice one.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the fire station if you think it might bother you
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jay F
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for expressing your positive feedbacks regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington, DC. It is always nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you would use the hotel when you are in the area for its great location close to Union Station and the metro, tour buses, shops and restaurants as well as the Capitol and the Capitol office buildings; and the outstanding and friendly staff who were dedicated to our guest during the visit. Your kind comments were forwarded to the Executive management team at the hotel and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future in DC.

Johny E.-A Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed one night
There is no free WiFi in the rooms
I parked the car for 10 hours they charge $48!!!
I left (while parking) a USB car charger in the car and it was stollen. I couldn't charge my mobile the rest of the trip
The room was nice

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Akiva c
St. John`s, NL
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights.Great location for tours of Capitol Hill,Library of Congress,Botanical Garden,and various Smithsonian Museums!Our room was small,the bed was pretty good,bathroom compact,no fridge,HD TV had a very limited choice of channels.The lobby restaurant had a limited menu.The pool is small as well!There is a deck were you can catch a few rays!There is a liquor store and sandwich place across the street,very convenient.One note of caution for late evening walking on D Street around the corner from the Hotel,we noticed significant numbers of homeless people on the sidewalk ,several appeared to be intoxicated or high on something!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank markie23
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is all about location. Mere steps from the Capitol, it is close to nearly everything of value in DC. Don't get me wrong - the price per night of this place is usually very high. (I've stayed on multiple occasions), but you do get fair value for your money. The rooms are very well decorated and I have been treated very well by the staff each time I have been. I would not recommend using the valet, as it is about $50 a night! But generally, the food was good, the amenities were great, and the rooms are plenty spacious. I would definitely stay there again next time I'm in DC.

Room Tip: Club floor makes the view better
Green Features: This doesn't matter to me much. I'm sure that this may help cut down on over-washing of the sheets and towels, but this was not a main attraction for me for staying at this location.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington DC
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Room was spacious and clean, everything seemed new and clean, nice amenities, comfortable, working a/c and heat. I ordered wings from room service and figured the appetizer would probably have 4-5 wings. But there were probably 12 wings (this was for $9-$10 not counting fees) and they were SO good and fresh and hot, it was a nice surprise. It made me think their other food is probably good, too. Noisy on the second floor with window to street (sirens, etc pretty regularly). I didn't use it but it looked like it had an amazing real full sized fitness center with pool etc that was also getting an upgrade. Wifi cost $$ -- I'm never too happy about that when budget hotels can provide it for free. My only little critique is that I needed a copy of the bill and when I called, they sent me to the website for an automated service. The service isn't working so I called back and I've been on hold with the accounting department for 20 minutes so far with no response... anyway, still a very nice stay at a nice hotel!

Room Tip: maybe go for a higher room with no opening to the street for more quietness.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our beautiful accommodations. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our variety of tasty food options. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our executive management team. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed at hotel with softball team. Hotel was picked because of location (which was perfect). Girls (all minors under the age of 16) put in for a wake up call and all were shocked when male security guard entered the room and personally woke them up. Complained to manager on duty and was told this is policy when someone doesn't respond to wake up call. Whats shocking is security entered room 5 minutes after the time of wake up call! Complained how inappropriate the policy was especially since the hotel had other ways to check on girls (i.e.contact coach whose name was on reservation or perhaps contact someone in the other 10 or so rooms reserved under High School name so as not to frighten underage children!). Management did not take seriously our complaint which we escalated to Corporate. Gave Corporate ample time to respond...still waiting...Can't believe this has not been addressed yet. Obviously they don't care about guests. Would not recommend staying at hotel unless you dont mind strangers being allowed to enter room!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank joe p
HyattGuestRelations, A Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Good Evening,

Thank you so much for outlining the issues you had while bringing your group to us. I'm terribly sorry to hear of how this incident was handled. I'm forwarding your comments to both local and regional management to ensure future incidents like this are approached much more professionally. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we may assist with.

Warm regards,

Evan V - A Guest Relations Associate
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The main selling point for this hotel has to be that it is so close to the principal attractions of the city, particularly for first-time visitors such as ourselves who naturally gravitate towards the Capitol etc.
The foyer is very grand and receptionists very efficient, whilst still being friendly.
The concierge was very helpful with dining tips.
As expected, for the price, our room was spacious and bordering on luxurious, with all the usual facilities.
We did not eat in the hotel and had excellent good-value breakfasts immediately next door.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple