Great location to discover DC. 5 minute walk up the hill to Union Station and the metro, tour buses, and shops and restaurants. 10 minute walk over to the Capitol and the Capitol office buildings. Always plenty of cabs to use. Actually a stop for the Big Bus tour. You can actually walk down to the National Mall if you don't mind a little walk. We even walked back from the Chinatown area a couple of times. Nice neighborhood, but walk with someone at night.
I have to say that this was one of my favorite hotels I have stayed at. Everyone that works at the hotel is really nice, polite and helpful. The room was not huge but not small. King size bed with a safe in the room. Maid service was excellent. The bathroom was a decent size and we never ran out of hot water. This was one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. The rooms are very quiet with very little noise from the hallways or neighboring rooms. The only drawback I could find is that it is across the street from a very active fire station, but I never found it to be annoying or disturbing. In fact we grew pretty fond of the little station.
Cab fare from the hotel to Reagan was about 23 dollars with a tip. Cab fare down to the White House was about 12 dollars with a tip at rush hour. This was a great location for our 9 day discovery tour of DC. If I go back to the nations capitol, I will definitely stay here. I always looked forward to heading back to the hotel after a long day of sightseeing. Thank you to everyone that works at the Hyatt on Capitol Hill for helping to make our stay a really nice one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover our historic city from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Enjoy easy access to all attractions of our nation's capital from our ideal location steps to The U.S. Capitol, and just three blocks to Union Station. Walk to famous Smithsonian Museums and The National Mall, tour government centers and The White House, visit monuments and museums, cheer on the Nationals or the Capitals - all just minutes from our Capitol Hill hotel. And don't forget newly opened National Museum of African American History and Culture and soon to be open Museum of the Bible - both minutes from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Relax and indulge in seasonal flavors & signature cocktails at Article One - American Grill. Named for the corresponding article of the U.S. Constitution, Article One is conveniently situated in our atrium lobby. Open daily for power breakfast, energizing lunch and relaxing dinner. Dine in the privacy of your room with our room service. It's good not to be home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Washington Dc