“very good location, clean hotel, good staff”

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Ranked #70 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Columbus, Ohio
“very good location, clean hotel, good staff”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Hotel deserves my kudos for allowing me a check in at unheard of 8;30am due to early arrival in town. Yes, if it was booked, I realize/expected there to be no room available. They were great, yes, you heard a police siren or two but you are in a CITY. Overall, good business and leisure hotel for any visitor to DC.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
It was nice to see out hotel was able accommodate your early check in. Thank you for posting this review. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again.

-John S, Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed at Hyatt Regency Washington DC on Capital Hill. The location is great for seeing all the sites. The Capitol is only 2-3 blocks and the Mall sites adjacent from there. Room very comfortable and well maintained. Great staff and service. The Regency Club provides wonderful food and beverage throughout the day if you have the opportunity. Would definitely recommend this hotel if you are touring Washington.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

I am glad you enjoyed the service from the staff, the regency club lounge, the rooms, and the location. Thank you for recommending our hotel and I hope you can stay with us again soon.

Lynchburg, Virginia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt durign a visit with friends in DC. We are in the city many times a year and this is definitely one of our favorite hotels. Check in was quick and friendly. The hotel lobby and common areas are lovely and spacious. It feels like you are in a fairly up-scale hotel but we got a very reasonable room rate. The hotel is large but doesn't feel over-whelming. there is a nice gift/sundries shop and Starbucks off of the lobby. The hotel offers an expensive but awesome breakfast buffet with the best bacon I have ever eaten, bagles with a ide variety of toppings including lox, cream cheese and capers, made to order omelets, lots of fresh fruit, pasteries. food tends to be expensive in DC anyway so I thought it was well worth the price. You can also grab a Starbucks and bagel or pastry in the sundries shop. There is a nice gym and in-door pool. The pool was a little too cool the first day but was nice and warm the following day. there are also saunas in the locker rooms. the pool is interesting; it is stainless steel. Be mindful that there are no steps to enter or exit, just a ladder so that couold be challenge for someone who is mobility challenged. There is of course a lift but many people fall in the midddle of not being to use a ladder but not needing a mechanical lift. the hotel was quiet at night. the beds and linens are extremely comfortable. The room had very nice amenities and our housekeeper gladly left us extras and extra towels. the hotel is in a very convenient location and the hotel staff were very helpful with walking directions, Metro directions, and hailing cabs. It was a great stay over-all.

Room Tip: The elevator is fast so don't shy away from rooms on upper floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Los Gatos, CA, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A great location, easy walking distance to the Capitol, Mall, Monuments, Smithsonian Museums, Union Station and the Metro. The rooms were very nice and the service was exceptional. We enjoyed watching a World Cup soccer game at the bar. The staff was very friendly and big screen TVs were great.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

I am so happy to see you enjoyed the bar, staff, rooms, and location of the Hyatt Regency Washington. I hope you can stay with us again soon.

Washington DC, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Convenient location about 3 or 4 blocks from the Capitol Building. Staff signed me up for the Gold Passport program which got me free internet and The Wall Street Journal to my door. The place seemed new and clean. We would definately stay here again if we visit Washington DC.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

I am happy you enjoyed our location and welcome to Hyatt Gold Passport. I hope you can stay with us again soon.

Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review from my hotel room. I really like the hotel, the staff is super friendly and everything is pretty nice. my one major complaint is that the air conditioning is very weak.

upon check-in at 4 p.m. I turned it as cold as it can go and went out for the night. the concierge pointed me to some pretty good local places for food and drink. I am now back in my room at 930 and it is still warm it's as if the temperature has not changed since I checked in and the air conditioning was off.

I should mention that I like it cold, I need it very cold to sleep. the air seems to be working properly but its just ineffective. otherwise I totally recommend it

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Hinesburg, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The variety of food, the quality and its healthy-ness during our conference sessions were A-one. I had two dinners in the main restaurant and enjoyed the vittles and the superb service. Room was clean and very quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
I am glad to see you had great meals in our restaurant and you enjoyed your room. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again.