“Good place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Houston, Texas
“Good place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here three nights over the Fourth of July holiday this year. The location can't be beat - it's less than a five minute walk to the Capitol and to Union Station. The hotel is clean, and all the staff members I encountered were professional and helpful. Their clear focus was on making sure you had a good experience at their hotel.

Only negative was the gift shop/travel items/snack shop. Despite a good selection of items, it is very expensive. While I expect higher-than-normal prices at a hotel shop, I was surprised to have to pay almost $14 for some stomach medicine. It was worth every penny, but was still a little pricey (for me).

I would stay here again, and recommend it to friends and family.

Stayed July 2014
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 31 October 2014
Good Morning Erin P,

I appreciate you taking the time to share feedback on your 4th of July holiday visit to Hyatt Regency Washington. I am so thrilled you really enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next vacation to the D.C. area. I have sent your concern about prices in our gift shop to our executive management team to review and make necessary changes. Thank you again and safe travels.

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

The location of the Hyatt Regency makes it a good spot for tourist to stay. Rooms range from $250 to 350. If it fits your budget, it well located from the tourism angle. It is walking distance to the Capital (10 minutes) and many other areas of interest.

Check in was pleasant and took less than 5 minutes. The room was spacious and well appointed. High speed ($15/day) or regular Internet ($10/day) is available. I tried the high speed connection and it can be used for streaming. Initially I had problems connecting but a call to their help line resolved it with minimum of hassle. This tip may be helpful. If you are connecting the cable provided in the room, turn off your wireless connection or the system will connect to both and not be able to resolve which connection to use. You can also connect to the wireless connection and forego the other.

The room had a comfortable bed and a variety of pillows. The room was quite and I had peaceful sleep. Room cleaning was very efficient and a couple of request was taken care of pronto. The bathroom was clean and had plenty of nice towels. Water pressure was excellent and I did linger in the shower longer than needed due to this.

I had dinner in the room one night. Service was efficient but the quality compared to the price left much to be desired. The wrap I had was soggy and tasteless. I had breakfast in the lobby and it has a buffet. Once again the price to buffet selection did not seem worth. I have had far better for less.

On the whole I enjoyed my stay. Hotel staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greetings MarcoPolo00,

Much appreciated for you to take the time to share your experience when you stayed at Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. this year. I am so excited you truly enjoyed your visit and we look forward to your return. Thank you for all the tips you provided our future travelers and recommending this location. Hope you have had safe travels this year and like I said we look forward to seeing you at this and other Hyatt locations.

Warm regards,

Bonita Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I visited D. C. for business, and had limited personal time available to visit area monuments. I jogged the "Mall" and captured several pictures of landmarks. The Hyatt Capital Hill was central allowing me to walk to my business appointments. It was a short taxi drive from Reagan airport. The staff was courteous and well rained. The fitness center was well equipped and conveniently located on floor 2. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful associates. I'm so happy that the convenient location worked so well. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here in October 2013 on our honeymoon. Great location, wonderful attentive staff and excellent facilities. The room was clean and extremely spacious. Loved staying here and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I'm very happy to hear that you chose to spend your Honeymoon with us! It's great that the hotel made you feel so welcome and the staff was accommodating. Please do come back to visit us again soon!

Thanks,

Danny
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel is in a good location for sightseeing. The little shop has outrageous pricing, but there are stores within walking distance to buy your own bottled water, etc. Conference facilities were nice, everything was clean. The restaurant service was slow and overpriced. Check out the Corner Bakery around the corner for better breakfast options. The main issue was the room itself never got quite cool enough. Room temp was all the way down when I checked in and kept running nonstop. Luckily it wasn't hotter outside, or it might have been miserable.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hello em5585,

I am happy to hear you found the Hyatt Regency Washington a convenient hotel for leisure travelers to see the many attractions of the D.C. area. I am very sorry to hear about the challenges you encountered with customer service in our dining outlets and the A/C unit in your guest room. I hope hotel management was able to assist with solutions during your visit to make it a better experience. If you would like to speak about this matter further, please feel free to reach out to our Guest Relations department.

Safe travels,

Tampa, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Very comfortable, top notch service and food. Very near a lot in the city. Highly recommended. My room was quiet, perfectly clean and very comfortable.A little expensive at over $300 a night, but that's big city pricing. Only thing is it seems a little archaic to add $10/day for internet when wireless access is so inexpensive and accessible.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I am sure the staff will be thrilled to hear how much you liked the service, food, and quiet room. I hope you can stay with us again soon.

-John S, Guest Relations Associate
Mercer, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

As a former resident of Capitol Hill, I found this hotel to be in a great location. Safe, nearby train/metro station, restaurants, shopping. Explore Capitol Hill neighborhood while you are there. This is a city with all that cities have to offer, good and not so good. If you want a city experience, this is a reasonably priced hotel in a great location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for writing this review of the Hyatt Regency Washington. I am happy you like our location and recommended it to others. I hope you can stay with us again.

-John S, Guest Relations Associate