“Perfect choice for a mini D.C trip!”

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Ranked #77 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My family and I chose this hotel since it was close to Capital Hill and within walking distance of other landmarks. The hotel was beautiful! This was the first time we had the chance to stay at a Hyatt Regency, so having a bellboy and valet parking was an experience (make sure you have cash!). Staff was amazing- we were waited on and given our room very quickly, even surprising our toddler with a pirate surprise (hat, eye patch and sword). Our room spacious with two queen beds with a beautiful and even more spacious bathroom. We didn't get to check out the restaurant inside the hotel, but walking by it smelled delicious. We were able to check out the regency club, which housed snacks and drinks along with computer usage and a nice view. I have no complaints on this hotel. Everything was super nice!

Room Tip: The higher the floor- the better the view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for posting this review of the Hyatt Regency Washington. I am glad that you liked the service from the staff, the location, and regency club of our beautiful hotel. I hope you stay with us for you next visit to D.C.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

It was my family & I first time staying here. Amazing food, impeccable service, great location! We loved our stayed! Location is close to Capital Hill, but you will walk some to get to the museums and the mall. Rooms were clean and quiet. The pool is indoors but has an outdoor sun deck attached.

Room Tip: Everything is was perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

I am happy that you and your family liked our food, service, pool area, rooms, and location of the Hyatt Regency Washington. I hope you can stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

After an 18 hour drive, all I wanted to do was sleep. But the Hotel had been overbooked and my Confirmed room had been given away. I was sent to another Hyatt out of the City which was very inconvenient for me since I specifically chose this one because of the location and had a meeting first thing in the morning and it was already midnight. Hyatt on Capital Hill did however pay for my first night's stay at the other Hyatt and offered me cab fare. I truly appreciate their efforts in making up for the mistake they had made. I did eventually end up back at the Hyatt on Capital Hill for my second night's stay. The staff was very friendly and did everything possible to make my last night in DC and decent one.
Food was overpriced and the rooms were expensive but the location and excellent customer service I received could not be beat! If I ever visit DC again, I will look into staying at this Hyatt.

Room Tip: The room was nice and quite and very cozy.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

I am happy the Hyatt Regency Washington was able to make the best of a bad situation for you. I am sure they will be happy that you appreciated their efforts. I hope you can stay again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

For 300, I had a room 2 blocks from the Capitol. I was not impressed in the end. Next time, I will save $$ by staying further and travelling in via Metro. The Hotel was plain. Wifi was charged, which probably infuritates me more. At 300/night, charging me for Wifi is aggravating.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Good Afternoon Charles K,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your most recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet expectations. Our rates do fluctuate from day to day based upon availability at that certain time and due to the great location we have near the Capitol, that may be why the rate was so high. I really do hope that this experience with the rate of our rooms does not deter you from staying with us again in the future. We really strive to be the best and hope to welcome you back.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel while at a conference. The negotiated rate was reasonable but I think the regular rate is high but probably average for the area. My room and everywere I went in the hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. Housekeeping added make-up towels and nail polish removing pads after the first night which I thought was nice. The pool was small but my kids enjoyed it. I did not use the fitness center but it was very nice. Eating and drinking in the hotel is not cheap. I had one mojito and it was $13. We were on the 10th floor and I was surprised at how quiet it was. I got a good nights sleep each night in the comfy beds. You can easily get around the city from this hotel if you head over to Union Station which is only a few blocks away and catch the subway or the $1 Circulator bus.

Room Tip: The 10th floor away from the elevators was very quiet. Also, ask for a fridge. It's nice to ha...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2014

Hello clynch,

I am so happy to hear you really enjoyed your stay at Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. and found this location was clean and convenient. It is perfect when you get a great night's sleep at our locations and we really appreciate you pointing out how comfortable our beds can be. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience and we cannot wait to welcome you back.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was there for a conference. I really like to location of the hotel, it is close to many of the area attractions. Food is good, staff is friendly and helpful.
The hotel room was very clean and was tended to daily. Within walking distance of Union Station, Smithsonian Museums, and the Monuments.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for writing this positive review of the Hyatt Regency Washington. I am so happy you liked our staff, location, rooms, and food. I hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I appreciated the friendly staff that always tried to provdie assistance for whatever might be needed (i.e., directions, references for dinner places, express check out, etc.). The hotel was very clean and accommodations were luxerious.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. It makes me very happy to hear the staff made your stay very enjoyable! Come back and see us again soon, we would love to have you.

Thanks,