“I will never stay at the Hyatt again after this stay”

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Ranked #74 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
NYC, United States
“I will never stay at the Hyatt again after this stay”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was extremely disgusted and disappointed. For years My family and I stayed at the Hyatts anywhere we decided to vacation. Never EVER again. The staff in DC was lousy unhelped. It was my friends first time in DC and I wanted her to have a great experience from the start with the 48 per night valet your car parking ONLY option it was bad from there. No one could explain to us about tours or cheaper parking - for 400 for two nights you'd expect to be treated with some common generousity NONE. I don't think the Hyatt will be an option for us ever again unfortunately.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Eileen M
HyattGuestRelations, Hyatt Guest Relatons at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
I am extremely disappointed that you did not have a good experience during your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington DC on Capital Hill. I’m sorry that our staff did not put their best foot forward to assist you and make your stay a wonderful experience. I will certainly forward your feedback to our executive management team to use in further training of our associates. I hope you give us another opportunity to provide you with Hyatt hospitality.
Lois M Guest Services Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Location is walking distance to union station ad Capitol Hill. My room was adequate in size but the white comforter has dark stains similar to ink.
The bed is comfortable and service acceptable. Good location.

• Stayed August 2014
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 31 October 2014
Good Morning sjdif,

Thank you for giving our future guests an idea of what to expect when staying at Hyatt Regency Washington. I am so happy to hear you really enjoyed your overall stay and I know our team members at this location look forward to welcoming you back.

Safe Travels,

Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed the first weekend in August 2014 to attend the International Convention of JWs at FedEx Field. This is a beautiful place and all services and food at this hotel were excellent. We plan to return when in D.C. again

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Your feedback and recommendation are truly appreciated. It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed the food and service. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Washington the next time your travel brings you back to D.C.

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Carlsbad, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Hyatt has a great location to the mall. If you are interested in the monuments and museums, this is a great location. As Hyatt's go, it was clean, staff were helpful and pleasant, but the rooms were very average hotel rooms. Very little amenities, fridge, coffee maker leaked, maid service inconsistent. I would stay there again if the mall was the target place to be, otherwise, there are a lot of nice hotels in DC that are a short cab ride from the mall and other parts of the city.

Hello John R,

I am so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your visit when staying at Hyatt Regency Washington. Our location is definitely a key point in Washington D.C., we are so close to so many attractions which makes our hotel and easy pick for convenience. I am sorry to hear about the lack of amenities found in the guest room. I have forwarded your suggestions to management so they can follow up and get this resolved. Can't wait to see you again!

Warm regards,

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I'm not sure where to start. I have stayed at this property almost as much as my home. Let's just say this is my second home. The staff is always exceptional and some even know me by name as much as I'm there. They did a hotel renovation a few years back which really improved the appearance of the hotel lobby. The rooms are well kept, up-to-date and squeaky clean! This is a 5-Star hotel. The staff is extremely caring, kind and concerned with ensuring you have an exceptional stay with them.The work-out room offers all the equipment you need to "Stay Fit" and the pool while in-doors is a nice way to relax after a long day. The hotel offers a nice locker room for showering after work-out.

The hotel is within walking distance of the Capital, Grand Center Station, The DC Mall and all the museums. Restaurants and shopping are right around the corner.

I highly recommend this property when in and around the DC area. You won't be disappointed I promise.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
I am honored that we are considered your second home. I appreciate you taking a moment of your time to provide us with such a detailed review. It is exciting to hear that you find our hotel to be well appointed. With a great staff and prime location we are definitely a property guests should consider when traveling to D.C. Your continued loyalty is our biggest compliment. We look forward to having you back to Hyatt Regency Washington in the near future!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate
Lynchburg, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The staff here are superb. From the front desk to the housekeeping personnel, everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, the beds were comfy, and plenty of pillow choices. The on-site restaurant was a little pricey, but there is a West Wing Cafe right next door which has great sandwiches, salads and soups for reasonable prices. The hotel is in walking distance of Union Station and the National Mall, which is one of the main reasons we chose this hotel.

Good Morning Rebecca S,

I am so thankful for you taking your time to write a review about your pleasant visit to Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. We will be sure to thank and recognize our team members and management of this location for the superb service you speak of. They will be so excited to hear they had positive impact on your stay. We look forward to seeing your walk through our doors again.

Safe Travels,

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My family and I chose this hotel since it was close to Capital Hill and within walking distance of other landmarks. The hotel was beautiful! This was the first time we had the chance to stay at a Hyatt Regency, so having a bellboy and valet parking was an experience (make sure you have cash!). Staff was amazing- we were waited on and given our room very quickly, even surprising our toddler with a pirate surprise (hat, eye patch and sword). Our room spacious with two queen beds with a beautiful and even more spacious bathroom. We didn't get to check out the restaurant inside the hotel, but walking by it smelled delicious. We were able to check out the regency club, which housed snacks and drinks along with computer usage and a nice view. I have no complaints on this hotel. Everything was super nice!

Room Tip: The higher the floor- the better the view!