“Great stay in D.C.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Great stay in D.C.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency-Capital Hill while in D.C. for a Nationals Game. The hotel is easy to access, and centrally located. We were met by a valet who quickly helped us unload our luggage and take our vehicle to the parking area. The parking fee of 48 dollars is a shocker but there is very little option. The front desk staff was awesome and helped us plan out Metro trip to Nationals Park. Our room was clean and well appointed.
When we returned from the game later in the evening we found the lobby lively. The next morning we were able to walk two blocks and spend some time at the Capital building and the National Mall.
My only compliant is that the coffee bar that served Starbucks Coffee charges 2.50 for a tall.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank md26225
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel's wonderful location. I'm especially happy to hear about the service you received from our associates. We are truly lucky to have wonderful associates working with us as they are truly instrumental in our hotel's success. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Quite amazing to be that close to the capitol...great location to walk around and see what D.C has to offer, and its a lot...I came down for only for weekend trip, but did a lot. Must see the Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, reflecting pool, white house, botanical garden which walk distance from capitol, and the native american museum for the arcitecture. All tip there was a wide section of yummy food in the restaurant / cafeteria of the museum..... As for the hotel, the entrance for me was rather odd. It felt like entering an airport. The front desk and service was average, as was the room. However, the service at breakfast, which not included was very attentive. The actual breakfast was average, ordered an cappachino which was very good and to my surprise they gave small biscotti to go along with it. I love biscottis so I was very pleased.... Also had drinks/ dessert the night we arrived at the bar/ restaurant area in the hotel. The drinks are average, dessert was ok....we were given complementary goat cheese to try from the cheese pattern since we were interested in it , which was very good despite the fact I hate goat cheese, therefore we opted not to have the platter and because we were just served the dessert....

Pool was nice and warm , sauna in the hotel was great, which i did take so long to heat up.....

So while being at the hotel, I decide to ask the bell hop, for any suggestions to any near by shops for a bridal shower gift as I left the initial gift bought at the office in nyc......So I wasn't quite given a clear answer, and not much help. I was bit annoyed they couldn't really help w/ my dilemma....They should have told me there were shops in Union Square which was not far from the hotel. I didn't however go there because I had not known, but did find something in George Town where I was headed to dinner.

I was recommended by my sister to go to Gorge Town as it was very beautiful and full of places to shop and eat and I certainly agree. I wish I had a few more hours to spend here, but I didn't. Maybe next time.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 30 October 2014
Good Morning Caprice164,

Thank you for going out of you way to share feedback on a recent visit to the D.C. area and we appreciate you choosing Hyatt Regency Washington for your travels. We often hear enthusiastic remarks on the amazing location this hotel offers and how convenient it is to many attractions. I am so happy to hear you really enjoyed this stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

South Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend in August. It is located very close to Union Station for easy access to the Metro. It is also very close to the Capitol building, and thus the National Mall. From our hotel to the Jefferson Memorial and back, it was about 8 miles round trip. Not a quick walk, but a nice one, with tons of Smithsonian Museums along the way!

The concierge was very helpful when it came to suggesting a place to eat when we got in on Friday night. The front desk staff was very nice and welcoming.

Downside: no free wifi in the rooms. There is free wifi in the lobby though.

We did not eat at the restaurant, but a friend of mine had the breakfast buffet there the weekend before we went and she said it was very good.

Room Tip: The hotel enforces a quiet time after 9pm, so it's good if you are looking for a non-rowdy locat...
Greetings Elizabeth G,

We appreciate you going out of your way to share feedback on a visit to Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. I am so happy to hear you and your husband really had a great time while visiting Washington D.C. and all the sightseeing you were able to do! Our location is so close to the many attractions of the D.C. area and makes it very convenient for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Glendale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

We were at the Hyatt for two nights, Saturday and Sunday, for access to the Smithsonian Museums nearby. This worked very well for us. We got a good rate on the hotel and the wifi was included when we signed up for Hyatt membership (free). Parking was $48 per night, a bit more than other local hotels but fairly standard for the area. We have zero complaints about the hotel and enjoyed our stay. The room was quite basic but met our needs and was very clean. Our activities ran late on Saturday and we reluctantly had dinner at the hotel restaurant but were very, very pleased with our meals. All of the staff we met were nice and knowledgeable. We highly recommend this Hyatt.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful locations. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful staff. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again. ^RS
Tigard, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my 5 night stay. Staff was very pleasant, the pool was nice, and the fitness center was outstanding. I will likely return when I visit DC again. The only improvements I could ask for would be for them to add complementary in-room internet connection.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

1 Thank Zach M
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I'm happy to hear you had a great stay. We hope to have you back soon for a visit!

Thanks,

Danny
Stratford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

On the Location: The Hyatt is in an excellent location, near the Capitol, which in my opinion is where you want to be due to the proximity to the Capitol (for a tour) and the museums. There are museums throughout the city, but the main attractions, Smithsonian, Botanical, National Art Gallery, and a few others are on this end of the mall strip. I would not suggest booking near the White House, as I didn't feel that there was as much to see or visit on this end. It's near a few restaurants, though I can't brag about food in DC in general.

The Staff: The staff was kind, prompt, prepared, and accommodating. For example, I need a fridge and microwave (not necessarily provided in the rooms), and both were brought to my room within minutes of my arrival.

Clean: The hotel, bathrooms, restaurant, halls, and our room were well maintained and clean.

Room Tip: Book near the Capitol, not the White House. There's much more to do near the Capitol end. Br...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SLombard7
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for giving the Hyatt Regency Washington five stars. I am happy that you liked the location, staff and overall cleanliness of the hotel. I hope you can stay with us again.

-John S, Guest Relations Associate
Tel Aviv, Israel
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here for 1 night. We where looking for a place shower and sleep after a long walking day in DC and that's all that it was.
The good:
Great location, comfortable bed, fast check in and check out, clean rooms.
The bad:
The water tap in the shower isn't working properly
We had junk such as pizza trays welcoming us to the room in the corridor.
The hotel's Starbucks is over charging for smaller coffee cups then anywhere else.

If you are searching for a place to rest your head it's fine, for more then that I'm not sure.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings travelerallthetime1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience when visiting Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. We often hear enthusiastic remarks on our great location and the amazing customer service our team members provide. I am sorry to hear about the lack of housekeeping and the poor water pressure you experienced during this stay. I have forwarded your concerns to our executive management team to review and resolve. I am so happy you had a great stay and I know our team looks forward to welcoming you back soon.