“hyatt capitol hill”

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Ranked #74 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 20 August 2014

great place to stay to be close to everything. Walking distance to the capitol, the national mall , smithsonian, newseum and all mass transit. Very clean great service. parking was a bit steep but it probably is all over the city.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful location. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Good location too all DC locations. Expensive compared to similar hotels. Room too small. HVAC Loud. Poor room service. You need to ask for coffee supplies to be renewed. Additional charge for internet even at that high price. Front desk not friendly or accommodating. Pool too small and crowded.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Hello Taner O,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on a recent stay at Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. I am pleased to hear you really enjoyed this hotel's location but it is very disheartening that was the only good part of your stay. I am so sorry to hear about the unfriendly service and your guest room lacking amenities and size. I have forwarded your concerns to our executive management to review and make necessary changes and to ensure this does not happen in the future. We really hope to welcome you back.

Warm regards,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The reasons I didn't give this hotel a 5 star rating is the room service food was average at best and over priced and the parking fee of $48 a day was steep. The valet service was quick and excellent though, even at busy times. We needed our car several times during our two night stay.
They are all about polite, friendly, good service here. We stayed in kingroom 976, away from elevators, quiet room. The great Hyatt bed made for a good nights sleep.
Also this is a great location for getting to monuments and Nationals Park. It is near Metro.
I will stay here again

Room Tip: Choose a room away from elevator. Quiet time hotel from 9pm on is nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel's wonderful location. I'm very happy to hear about the service you received from our associates. We are truly lucky to have great people working with us as they are truly instrumental in our success. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for three nights the location on Capitol Hill was an excellent base though not many eating options in walking distance unless you are after pub grub, it's close location to Union station also gives you a parking choice - valet at the hotel for $48 a night or $22 at Union station

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Ray W
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel's wonderful location. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. Of course, this is an expensive hotel with no free breakfast or Wi-Fi. But the hotel looks nice and the staff was wonderful except one concierge at the desk. He spoke on the phone while serving me. I thought he could have finishing helping me before answering the phone.
The outside concierges were extremely helpful. All the staff were professional. The hotel was clean and well kept. Everything was in good order. I love every Hyatt I stayed at. Each one maintains the high standard and provides best services to the customers.

1  Thank geffect95

Good Evening Geffect,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your past experience from Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. with our future guests on TripAdvisor. I am excited to hear you truly enjoyed your stay overall and felt our rooms and amenities were a perfect fit for your business trip. My apologies of the lack of customer from one of our staff members and I will be sure to speak with management to clear this up and ensure this will not happen in the future. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to the D.C. area.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very convenient location a walking distance to the Capitol building and museums and Union station. Very neat and clean and very professional and courteous staff. I recommend it to all. Food was good and services we're excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful location. I'm happy to hear about the service you received from our wonderful staff. They are truly instrumental in our hotel's success. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Oustanding staff and Hotel, I look forward to staying there again my next trip to DC. The staff made me feel welcomed and at home. The overall atmosphere was great. It was close to where my business meeting was held and just the locality was super. Everything was within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and wonderful locations. I'm especially happy to hear about the service you received from our wonderful staff. They are truly instrumental in our hotel's success. We can't wait to welcome you back. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team.