“DC Wedding”

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
Ranked #79 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Great hotel, could not find a better location to enjoy Washington DC. Rooms very clean and updated. Article One Restaurant worth checking out. Great food, especially enjoyed the Filets. Service at this hotel was a 20 out of 10.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel's convenient location. I'm happy that you enjoyed your meal at our restaurant. I'm especially delighted to hear about the excellent service you receive from our wonderful associates. We are truly lucky to have such wonderful people working with us as they are truly instrumental in our hotel's success. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Becky S-Guest Relations Associate.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,399)

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Had a train trip to D.C. and this was our hotel for the night. Room was comfy with a view of the area. Went to the bar to get a sandwich for the room and the food was OK. Overall a great stay and would say here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful room accommodations. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Enjoyed my two day tour of DC. The Hyatt was within walking distance from the Amtrak station and all of the attractions in DC. Great fitness room and restuarant. Will definately be staying there again on my next train trip to DC.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. I'm happy that you enjoyed the all the amenities our hotel has to offer. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I love visiting DC and decided to visit again before school starts for my son. We took amtrak so I was able to avoid the parking fee. I'm glad we're not addicted to the internet like most people in this country because they charge for that too. The hotel is in a good location. We walked from Union Station to the hotel in about 10 minutes. When we got to the lobby I was very impressed. It's beautiful. There were two long lines at the check in counter but there was no one in line using the self check in kiosks and there were four of them. I used one and it took me about two minutes to check into the hotel and print my room keys out. Quick and easy. I don't know why people stood in line so long holding heavy bags instead of using the kiosks like I did. The room was nice and roomy but there's no microwave or mini refrigerator. It was clean and I didn't hear any noise from other rooms or from outside. I never take my shoes off in any hotel or motel so I can't tell you if the carpet was filthy or not. Basically it all comes down to this....you can pay a huge amount of money for a nice hotel that charges you to park, doesn't offer free wifi, no free complimentary breakfast, no microwave or refrigerator, and is only a skip and a hop from the national mall or you can go to a less pricey motel miles away that offers free parking, free complimentary breakfast, free wifi, a microwave and refrigerator in the room, and take the train or bus to the national mall for a small amount of money. The only reason I chose to stay here is because it's close to union station and the national mall. I wish there were motels close by but there aren't. There's a McDonalds a few blocks down the street and also one inside union station which has quite a few different places to eat. So if you just have to have the internet and don't want to pay $10 for it, you can go to one of those. We ate dinner in the restaurant in the lobby. It was okay. A little pricey but okay. Overall I enjoyed my stay but I'm not sure if I'll stay again. Maybe, maybe not. I don't know. If they either lower the room rates or offer something free like parking or wifi then yes definitely.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BridgetSmith4

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel's convenient location. I'm also happy you were able to check into your room very quickly. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. We would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Nice .................... Very nice except the wifi should be free in the room altho in the lobby they have free wifi , excellent room service and cleaning services close to everything And very secure i stayed 1 week

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our excellent services. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

The hotel was clean and everyone was extremely friendly. The only thing I did not like was when I looked outside I looked at homeless people, and the ice machine was being used throughout the night which made a lot of noise.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. They are truly instrumental in our hotel's success and we are very lucky to have them. I will certainly forward your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

More than expected - excellent service, great comfortable and quiet rooms. The food was fantastic and the service was top notch. The Hyatt Regency was located within walking distance of so many sites we wanted to visit. Having arrived with such a large group (78 people) we expected total confusion at check-in. Much to our surprise everything was planned & executed like clockwork. Our travel director could not have picked a better place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Washington. I'm so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. I'm especially thrilled to hear about the service you received during your time at our hotel. We have wonderful associates working with us and they are truly instrumental in our hotels success. I'm glad they were able to make your check in process so easy. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team. I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.