we stayed from may 20-23. they allowed us to check in early since i got there around 9 am although they were not able to give me the king size bed i originally booked but gave us double beds. we didn't mind cause we needed a room for our belongings and needed to freshen up after a long flight. the room was clean and the bedsheets were clean and soft. bed was comfortable as well as the feather pillows. there was a baby next door and we could hear her in the middle of the night crying which means to say that they do not have good insulation/sound proof room at the hyatt. the carpet seemed a bit dirty, it was old and needed to be replaced. i didn't walk barefoot on that carpet as i work in the medical field and know what kind of bacteria are lurking on carpets especially hotel carpets. the bathroom was clean and tidy, although the floor was a bit sticky probably from the solution they use to clean the floor. there is a homeless shelter in the back of the hotel so be careful walking there especially at night. union station was 5 minutes away which has lots of restaurants/shops inside. eating at the hotel is a joke. very expensive and not that good. you'd be better off eating at the union station. the lobby of the hotel is very nice but as i've read in all the other reviews, the rooms were kind of old and needs renovation. staff gave us take out menus since we took a long nap and didnt wake up till 12 am so everything was closed. just ask the front desk plus its cheaper than their bar food. we rode the old town trolley and it was fantastic. the drivers gave lots of history and fun facts about DC and we pretty much toured DC in that 4 days we were there. the trolleys are hop on hop off and it covered the important places you should visit there including arlington cementary in VA. We enjoyed DC and would go back there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover our historic city from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Enjoy easy access to all attractions of our nation's capital from our ideal location steps to The U.S. Capitol, and just three blocks to Union Station. Walk to famous Smithsonian Museums and The National Mall, tour government centers and The White House, visit monuments and museums, cheer on the Nationals or the Capitals - all just minutes from our Capitol Hill hotel. And don't forget newly opened National Museum of African American History and Culture and Museum of the Bible - both minutes from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Relax and indulge in seasonal flavors & signature cocktails at Article One - American Grill. Named for the corresponding article of the U.S. Constitution, Article One is conveniently situated in our atrium lobby. Open daily for power breakfast, energizing lunch and relaxing dinner. Dine in the privacy of your room with our room service. It's good not to be home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Washington Dc