Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Washington DC when my business facilitated a meeting for about 200 people. We organized everything and negotiated prices, etc. (this is important in explaining things below).
The room was as expected. Good size for DC, flat screen TV was nice, bathtub with shower and good water pressure, great iHome clock radio. It may just be me -- but all three nights the bedding (bottom sheet and mattress pad) did not stay in place and i kept waking up with my body on the actual mattress. I've never had that happen before, but it may just be me.
Fitness room is quite large and has everything and everything is clean and in good working order. It is combined with the pool area. Locker room for men had a private dry sauna. I am assuming the same was true for the women's locker room.
The meeting room space was just so-so. We reserved numerous rooms for break-out space, and we got shuffled a little bit. I don't know the back-story on that, so I can't explain why (it may have not been the hotel's fault). My biggest issue with the hotel was with the catered lunch. We had to have working lunches with our meeting, and our business will not allow us to pay for the lunches of the participants. The participants had to buy the bagged lunches catered by the hotel. Our business negotiated the cost of the lunches and did the best we could. Bagged lunches were $18 and included a turkey sandwich or a small salad or a veggie wrap. Each came with an apple and a bottle of water. Yes -- a turkey sandwich, an apple, and a bottle of water for $18. I complained, and told the catering that no one minds paying $18 for lunch (we were all getting reimbursements or per diem), and no one minds a sandwich with an apple and water for lunch, but paying $18 for such a small meal is nothing short of highway robbery. (I believe I told the woman in charge of catering that I questioned how she could sleep at night knowing she was charging such amounts for so little food). The following day they added a bag of chips and a cookie to the $18 meals, but not sure if our contracted meeting organizers had to pay for that extra food. I took pictures of the lunch and promised to post on trip advisor, so I encourage you to take a look at what I posted.
Other than that, all was fine. Great location, and courteous staff. I never got my newspaper at my door, as I had requested. Not sure what was up with that. I asked all three days to no avail -- one front desk clerk said it had to do with the way the reservation block of rooms was made.
BTW: if you are in a wheelchair you may want to check with the hotel about access. I am sure they are ADA compliant, but immediately after walking in the front door are stairs and escalator going down (no elevator). Not sure where access is for people in a wheelchair, so you may want to check.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover our historic city from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Enjoy easy access to all attractions of our nation's capital from our ideal location steps to The U.S. Capitol, and just three blocks to Union Station. Walk to famous Smithsonian Museums and The National Mall, tour government centers and The White House, visit monuments and museums, cheer on the Nationals or the Capitals - all just minutes from our Capitol Hill hotel. And don't forget newly opened National Museum of African American History and Culture and soon to be open Museum of the Bible - both minutes from Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill. Relax and indulge in seasonal flavors & signature cocktails at Article One - American Grill. Named for the corresponding article of the U.S. Constitution, Article One is conveniently situated in our atrium lobby. Open daily for power breakfast, energizing lunch and relaxing dinner. Dine in the privacy of your room with our room service. It's good not to be home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Washington On Capitol Hill Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Washington Dc