“Very pleased with this hotel”

JW Marriott Washington, DC
Ranked #66 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Wilmington, DE
“Very pleased with this hotel”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was my first visit to this hotel. I was pleasantly greeted upon arrival and the front desk was helpful with my check in. I didn't get the king bed requested but they did appear to be heavily booked. The room was fairly standard. I noticed some scuffs and scratches on the furniture which could be touched up and the ironing board could use a thicker cover. Also, the TV cable would occassionly change stations without my assistance. On the positive side, the towels were nice and thick, the bath products were high end, and the health club had plenty of machines and in good shape. There's also a Starbucks in the building which is convenient. I did wait a couple minutes to check out due to their only being one front desk person on duty at 7:45 am. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Half of the rooms face the interior so they don't have a view.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The location is just perfect for sightseeing and business. All the Museums and important services are just in walking distances. The rooms are nice and spacious - ours with a spectacular view over the Mall. The services are friendly - especially their advices about restaurants etc., too. Thanks.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Raeber-Mendez
Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 November 2013

All the employees at this hotel were so thoughtful and polite. They definately made my Sons birthday something for him to remember!! A special thanks to Officer Munday who gave him a birthday gift, card and free breakfast for all of us!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
NYC
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The hotel is clean and it is centrally located. It is a very large hotel and not very warm or personal. My room faced another building and there was no light in the room which I found a bit depressing. Marriott uses Aromatherapy bath products which is really nice. The service could be tweaked but they did quickly rectify the issues.

Room Tip: Request a room with light.
Ashland, MA
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Nice hotel, clean rooms, good service. Overall a good place to stay. Breakfast at the hotel restaurant was also very good. I was with a conference group and asked if I could get that rate and the front desk was very accomodating since I was a rewards member.

Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at the JW for a three day conference and was amazed by the incredible service of the staff. When I walked in I was greeted by at least three staff members even before checking in. All of my time was spent in the hotel because of the conference and I didn't mind at all. The food was excellent and the rooms were very nice.

My only slight complaint is I put the "do not disturb" sign on my door and they called on the phone when I was napping.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 November 2013

From the minute my cab arrived at this hotel, I was given exceptional service. My stay was only two days, but I felt at home and very welcome. The staff are all great. It's so enjoyable to be in a hotel where everyone seems happy with their job. I will definitely stay there again. The hotel is convenient to Union Station, the Mall and all the sites. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Restaurant downstairs great, I ate there twice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
DanielMcKeon, Manager at JW Marriott Washington, DC, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the JW Marriott Washington! We look forward to hosting you again soon.

All the best,